Horseback camping

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by spiritofthewildernes, May 17, 2004.

1. spiritofthewildernes

spiritofthewildernes Member

Anyone go on horseback expeditions? I am thinking of travelling this way in a while, I have a horse in Montana but I can't get to her yet but when I do me and my daughter will take a lot of trips into the mountains living off the land carrying everything on horses...Mounted nomadism really interests me and I think it will be a lot of fun, I would rather travel on a horse than use a vehicle and It would be easy to get around on the plains, the mountains and many other places and be more mobile than backpacking and also to have the horse spirit there with me at all times is awesome in itself.....Is there anyone on the forum who camps this way? If so I could use some advice/tips and would like to hear about how they camp and what they take with them, I'll be going as light as possible when I first start out...Thanks

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

never been but heard of them though... it sounds like a lot of fun...