Horse people ??

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by idahocowboy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Show us your spurs. :D

idahocowboy likes this.
  2. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

That is a very good question, multiple answers. Geographically it was not too far south, nor too far north, need to have a long growing season. In Sandpoint you had like a 2 month window, I lost an entire crop once from frost, IN JUNE!!! Second, I wanted it to be affordable, very low cost of living. I got 23 acres all set up for horses for a cheap price. Third, they have an awesome "stand your ground law", this needs no explanation..lol Fourth, it has a very conservative population. What I didn't take into account was lousy restraunt choices and BUGS, seriously, every damn bug known to mankind.

3. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

I don't use spurs, nor a bit for the horses. I use a bitless bridle. A bit is basically compliance through pain, and I'm an animal lover above and beyond anything else. With proper training and getting in tuned with your horses there really is no need for either.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sweet. :) good can openers too. ;)

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Who splits wood in winter?!?

idahocowboy likes this.
  6. Asmodean

I would try it naked if I were you!

7. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

You CON NOT split 7 cords of wood in advance. It's stored in rounds, do as much splitting as you can among your regular chores and do the rest as needed. I hope this satisfied the curious sheep...lol

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

every christmas. i never visit my parents over the summer, so i spend time during the christmas visit to help get them stocked up for the rest of the winter.

it's better that way anyway. it's hot work, so i would rather do it when it's not warm out. plus i think frozen wood splits a little easier than warm expanded summer wood.

idahocowboy and EloiseAtThePlaza like this.
  9. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Oh it splits easier when it's cold, but at minus 25, that's really not the issue. lol

10. Asmodean

Here its all dried and split months (often a year... like what we prepare in autumn we will get to not sooner than next winter :p) before winter starts

idahocowboy likes this.
  11. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Thank God I don't use it anymore, other than an emergency wood stove for a backup.