Horse people ??

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by idahocowboy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

No a horse isn't a pet but you can and should bond with them, makes for a better connected relationship and safer riding.

Alice in SC and Irminsul like this.
  2. Ok there cowboy

3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Oh I thought we were talking about the movie "sorry to bother you"

4. The Norse Horse people

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Horse People

[​IMG]

thefallenone1986 likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have a mare, I call her Greycliffe. She's a white horse, she's special to me. We've bonded well, she's only thrown me once and it was my fault for trying some equestrian jumps we weren't ready for. I feel like packing my swag on her and just.. Trotting off somewhere for a week or so.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’ve never really been a horse person and outside of your average western the only horse movie I’ve ever seen was “The Rocking Horse Winner (1949)”
    about a boy given a rocking horse which when ridden allows him to predict the outcome of horse races.

8. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

A white horse, nice. Do you have sun issues due to her white coloring ?? Ouch about THAT being tossed off. I have a grey named Bailey also and he had a tendency to spook way too easy, THAT is how I broke my wrist last year. I have worked on him and can't seem to stop his spookiness. Now my dunn in the pic is a sweetheart, we got surprised once on a forest service road by a bunch of ATV'ers surprising us from behind and he handled it wonderfully. I'd probably still be in a cast if it was the grey...lol Nice to meet you by the way..

Irminsul likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No sun issues, I live pretty high in mountains. Yeah I did a big injury 6 breaks in my shoulder, 4 ribs, arm, wrist.. She came straight to me to see if I was okay too afterward. :)
    I was just seeing if we could do some jumps, gaining confidence and boof. I'm too old for that now. Lol.

Nice to meet you too.

My girl is pretty docile which is good, all the horses in the stable are lol. She gets excited though when she knows she going out but bred pretty docile just for riding.

idahocowboy likes this.
  10. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Ouch....that sounded like one hell of a fall. Things can go wrong in the blink of an eye. Germany I noticed, very cool. I'm in Missouri, southeast part. Have an awesome day.

Irminsul likes this.
  11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

My neighbor had a horse when I was a kid. "Lady", a golden Quarter Horse. She was a show horse until she hit some barbed wire and cut herself, so my neighbor got her cheap.

Lots of fun.

My father rode her bareback once until she stopped suddenly and he went over her head. He broke a few ribs.

idahocowboy likes this.
  12. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Speaking of the barbed wire incident, it's amazing how such a large, powerful creature get's hurt so easily. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've been out in one of the pastures with my first aid kit doctoring wounded horses. Have fun.

13. This should be a painting

[​IMG]

idahocowboy likes this.
  14. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

He probably already had the horse poisoned for sedition.:tearsofjoy:

Running Horse likes this.
  16. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

There is a reason that I am called Runnin' Horse. Howdy there hoss. Don't currently own a horse but I certainly plan to sometime in the not so far off future. Worked with the beauts when I was fifteen for a full year, been tryin' to get back into it ever since

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

My mom's been riding dressage for like 40 years. She even hangs out with gold medal-winning Olympians. She's wired in with that crowd. I grew up with horses, but never caught the bug myself. I was too busy riding waves to care about riding horses.

Anyway, good morning HF!!! Coming at you live from the great city of San Francisco! Gonna check out Steinhart Aquarium. Peace!

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Did she meet the Romney's? :eek:

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Indeed, its hilarious :-D

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  20. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

MeAgain
    looks like you are in the wrong thread.