Hopping on the Astrology bandwagon

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by 6-eyed shaman, Dec 20, 2018.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

March 1, 1951. ♋

Some supposed traits:
    Values and spirituality: I'll go along with this one. I have many books about this stuff.
    Driven to understand: I don't quite understand this one.
    Motivated and competitive: Except that I hate to loose.
    A bit sentimental: :sob:
    Lasting romantic relationships:
    The key is always saying, "Yes dear."
    People like you because you are different: Just like a platypus.
    Desire security: Happiness is a warm gun.
    Passionate, faithful and focused: Ruff Ruff!
    Somewhat a purfectionist...perfectiost...perfeicktion....aw screw it!
    Natural lecturer and theorist:
    This reminds me of the words of the famous Professor Irwin Corey, "If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going."
    A preference for what is different, weird or bizarre: Hip Forums comes to mind.
    Susceptible to chemicals, drugs, and alcohol: Sadly, in the past.
    Excellent friend and lover: Take note ladies!
    And I'm supposed to avoid green.

Some famous people born on March 1:
    Isabel of Coimbra, queen of Portugal,
    The 6th Dalai Lama,
    The Nazi Erich von dem Bach,
    Dinah Shore (See the U.S.A. in a Chevrolet)
    William M Gaines, (MAD Magazine),
    Roger Daltrey,
    Alan Thicke,
    Opie.

also March 1 is National Pig Day here in the U.S.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

which things?

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I copied the parts from horoscope.com that apply to me
    Well, I dont think i'm even remotely intimidating and I dunno what sort of statement i'm making everywhere I go but everything else is 100% accurate

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

The parts that are wrong, are wrong...
    And the rest is 100% accurate

: P

I find that to be the case whichever sign I read about.

5. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I try and be a skeptic, but there's just been too many times when astrology has explained things so well, when it can't just be coincidence. Weird stuff I can't explain it, but it's been waay relevant and eerily accurate.
    I figure it this way; there's tons of ways we know the stars and planets DO influence us; heat, light, radiation, gravity, etc.
    What is astrology is just the stuff we can't measure yet?

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Astrology can be fun (don't tell Vanilla Gorilla I said that because then he won't be my friend).

It's obviously not scientific, but some of the most fun things in life aren't ;). I grew up in a very pro-astrology family--they actually made friendship and relationship decisions based on signs. The fact that I am not sold on its complete accuracy makes me a bit of an outcast, actually. So anyway, I am consequently a fountain of useless astrology knowledge.

If you really want to learn about it, read about your natal chart. Your sun sign (Aries, for you 6-eyes) is only a very small piece of the larger astrology picture. A natal chart takes into account the placement of every planet, constellations, etc. at the time and place of your birth, and how they all interact with another.

You need to know the exact time and place of your birth, as well as the date (your mom probably knows the time ;) ). Enter your information, and pay special attention to these "big three" Sun sign, moon sign, rising sign (ascendant)--there is an overwhelming amount of information in a natal chart, and these three are considered the most important, so they are a good place to begin. Do a little research into what big three mean and represent. Move on from there to other aspects and planet placements.

This website will generate a free chart that you can use as a spring board. It contains a wealth of information, too.

Free Astrology Birth Chart Report

Anyway, have fun, and don't take it too seriously.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2018
  7. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Astro.com is great too.
    I'm a Gemini Sun, Capricorn Moon, Sagiattarius Rising

8. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I firmly believe if you change the sign and keep the reading you will find people in every sign saying the same thing lol....it isnt a fair argument to say ''accurate'' because of the broad generalized statements not to mention astrology goes back to like 3 ad and the calendar we use now[for astrology] was invented in the 1500s?.....and my disclaimer is if the next girl needs me to be a believer in order to get laid then goddamit i'm a stubborn libra :)

guerillabedlam likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Enthusiastic, charming and clever theGemini man is good at almost anything he puts his mind to, and can make anyone laugh. Add this to his light and inquisitive personality and he has a lot of sex appeal. He is very friendly and communicative by nature, and this can sometimes be seen as flirtatious.

[​IMG]

Hm must be something to it after all! Sounds about right :grinning:

GLENGLEN and MeAgain like this.
  10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i usually don't post in a thread if you're already in there.

please don't hurt me.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Double Taurus with a Scorpio moon. I seem to have had many Scorpio girl friends along the way.

Since it's known that womens periods are the same length as the moons cycles, perhaps there is more pull from celestial bodies than we can understand. I thought the Chinese came up with astrology long, long ago. I'm not really into the common interpretations one sees in the papers, but who knows what mysteries lie in astrological signs? (The Shadow do)

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

CircularPortlyArachnid-size_restricted.gif

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

YouFreeMe and McFuddy like this.
  14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

whoa... that person peed. Off topic, but I thought that was going to be me this morning before the library opened. I had to go, but I wasn't about to try and pee anywhere. The natives in the town where I library would definitely report me to the authorities.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this is totally on topic. your horoscope for today said "you will have a hard time holding something back today, but the consequences of letting it out would be worse than the struggle to hold it in."

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol this took me a minute to see, I kept staring behind him expecting something to happen in the background

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I wish I knew why it happened.

18. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Likewise for me. I didn't get into astrology until i looked into my birth chart more closely. A lot of it is oddly accurate. If i were to look only at my sun sign, i would be confused. My chart is full of mainly fire and air signs.

Yep, that sounds like you. My brother is also Gemini, he is similar. So was a co-worker.

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

It’s in our biology :smirk:

20. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

My daily horoscope: Dec 23, 2018 - The world probably isn't going to revolve around you today, Aries, so get used to it. Even though this may not be the news you want to hear, it's probably the news you most need to hear. Use your ncredible passion to nurture others. Think less about yourself and more about the people around you, especially your family. Stick close to home and take care of chores.

Hmmm no I have to hit the road and make a 4 hour road trip for a day. Got a family member in need.

Also, I look at my Aries personality traits, some match accurately, but some I disagree with. I remember back in school I took a classroom activity, where all the zodiac personality traits were listed out for the class, and we all had to guess which one was ours. Hardly anyone guessed correctly.

But here's the ones I found:

1. Aries is a natural born leader that knows how to take charge. ((Not me really. I have to master or get good at something before I could feel comfortable leading anyone))
    2. Aries can be downright fearless in the face of danger.
    ((Yeah I can see that in me))
    3. Aries are hard to predict and forever being spontaneous. ((Definitely!))
    4. Aries has a fiercely rebellious streak and they like to do things their way. ((I can see that))
    5. Aries are straight-forward and they have zero time for BS. ((I think this applies to most people))
    6. Aries are loyal til the end.
    ((Depends on the person I'm loyal to. If they wrong me too often, then to hell with them))
    7. The Aries is full of opinions and they’re not afraid to make them known either. ((Kinda))
    8. When their heart is broken they can be overcome by every emotion from sadness to rage and they can take a long time before they are able to fully ‘move on’ from a relationship. ((Yeah I'm like that))
    9. Aries can be impatient and don't like to be kept waiting. ((More often than not))
    10. Aries hates dull and repetitive routines. ((Very much. But can't this be said about anyone though?))