Hopping on the Astrology bandwagon

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by 6-eyed shaman, Dec 20, 2018.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Most of my life I've closed myself off to astrology and the fictitious beliefs behind zodiac signs. I dismissed it all as pseudoscience and rolled my eyes at people who'd take their daily horoscopes seriously.

I had an epiphany lately and realized that so many people actually enjoy talking about their signs. It's a good conversation topic. Many people who discuss their signs to build a connection with other people. Most of my female friends, and every woman I've dated knew more about astrology than I ever cared to. Every one of them never seemed all that impressed that it was a topic that disinterested me for so long. I found that most people who are into astrology, don't take it super seriously anyway.

I'm an Aries.

How do I get started? Is there a good astrology guide for beginners?

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I'm an Aries as well.

I'd start by reading about your sign and comparing your astrological traits to your personality. Are there any similarities? Differences? You could then read up on what signs you're compatible with.

Astrology is so interesting. I know it sounds mental, but the only reason I called my husband after we first met ( I had no intention of ever seeing him again) was because I read that Aries and Sagittarius have remarkable sexual chemistry. We've been together 8 years and we still F like bunnies.

scratcho likes this.
  3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

People like talking about what sports teams they follow, too. People like being tribal and belonging to a tribe.

I'm Aries too.. hooray. We're already winning!

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well i'm a sagittarius, so apparently i would blow everybody's mind in this thread.

OP, why not find one of those cute astrology girls you're talking about and have her teach you all about it?

6-eyed shaman and Ashalicious like this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm a Leo and by default am the best because you can't beat a lion. Rooarrr. Have fun with whatever a sagitereus does. :sweatsmile:

I guess the next best in line would be a Taurus. As they are strong. But most people are Scorpios and they think that, they're awesome but we all know your mum and dad had a fuck on Valentines Day and that's the only reason you're here. :p

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Does having an epiphany mean wanting to get laid?

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

according to this thread, a sagittarius has great sex with aries. so yeah, i think i will have fun with that.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh yeah well, yeah.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm a Pisces and I don't keep track of which signs I have compatibility with, but I used to remember some of that stuff. It was a long time ago; when I was a sophomore/junior in high school. It was interesting! :) There were these two girls that I knew who were both older and preachy when it came to astrology. One was a Leo named Jamie. The other one was Jennifer whose sign I don't remember. I liked that though, astrology. We sort of got to know each other on those terms.

I think my sign is a little awkward.

Google:
    Interesting. We're emotional? Great.

Altman likes this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm a scorpio, I know a thing or two about those emotions lol
    But scorpios play their cards close to their chest and that's one thing that has been very accurate about me. I may be emotional but you would never know. Still waters run deep and all that jazz

(I dont really take astrology seriously but some things are accurate)

scratcho and soulcompromise like this.
  11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'm Scorpio too.

From Astrostyle.com...

"A Scorpio has little patience for simple-minded people. This is a sign that also needs to have complete and total control of a situation. Difficult traits of the Scorpio sign include obsessive,possessive, jealous, secretive and vengeful. Scorpio is a leadership-oriented fixed sign and an emotional water sign."

I crossed out possessive and jealous. I don't think I possess those traits. And I'm not actively vengeful, but I love cheering for karma when it comes to assholes.

Meliai likes this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thats exactly the kind of baseless assumption I first jumped to when I read his post....and yes it does in this case

Varmint, Asmodean and guerillabedlam like this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I can be jealous but i'm also sane so i know how to check it. I can be obsessive but not about people. Just about things that interest me. And i'm probably the least vengeful person ever, I cant hold a grudge for longer than 5 minutes.

I dont neccessarily have to have control, when I trust the person i'm with I feel okay giving up control. But 100% if I feel uneasy about something I have to be in control

The thing about simple minded people though lol. Yup.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

If I were into marketing for a pharmaceutical company, I'd push for there to be an erectile dysfunction treatment drug called "Epiphany".

Just imagine the commercials...

Driftrue likes this.
  15. Yes, we are.

I'm not really into it and I don't take it seriously, but it can be fun.

16. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'm a Virgo. Everybody fuck the Virgo.

17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Anyways, check out astrotheology. It's incredible. Santos Bonacci is the go to man. YouTube. Also has his own website. Mind blowing stuff.

18. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

What's your birthday? Mine is March 23rd.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You really shouldnt do that, especially if you have your real name on facebook. Someone just has to guess your year of birth now to port your phone

20. April 3rd