HookaVille anyone?

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by AoXoMoXoA420, May 9, 2004.

1. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

Anyone on the forums planning to attend?

2. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i can't make it to the spring hookahville bc it's so close to bonnaroo, but i will be attending the fall hookahville for sure...have fun, i'm jealous you get to see keller

3. FunkyConguero

FunkyConguero Member

im so there. i havent missed a 'ville since my first one back in the spring of '02.

sorry you dont get to go to spring Sugar Mag, but hey, hopefully you'll get to see my band play at Fall.

*fingers crossed*

4. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

did you guys ever think of playing at the ledges?

5. FunkyConguero

FunkyConguero Member

we've thought about everything out there. we're playin at Muskeegum's summer celebration, we're hopefully playin at Ripplefest here in Ohio, tryin to play Milwaukee Brewfest and Fall Hookahville. my band is like just now coming out. we just finished our first full legnth album, and we're now trying to establish ourselves as our own Limited Liability Corporation, which gives us legal publishing rights. once we figure out all the contractual bullsh, we're gonna tour.

6. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

Hey funky...

What's the name of your band?

7. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

good luck with that. tell me when some of your shows are and i'll go to one if i can make it. i'm always up for checking out a new band :)

8. FunkyConguero

FunkyConguero Member

my band is Own Free Will. our website (ownfrewill.com) should be up in a week or so.
    Own Free Will is:
    Ben Barefoot ~ Lead & Backing Vocals, Lead and Rhythm Guitar (mostly Rhythm)
    Alex Zander ~ Lead & Backing Vocals, Lead and Rhythm Guitar (mostly Lead)
    Rob Menard ~ Backing Vocals, 5 String Bass Guitar
    Mike Meyer ~ Backing Vocals, Trap Kit Drum Set
    Dan Pinkston(me) ~ Backing Vocals, Conga & Bongo Drums, (mini & full)Timbales, Cowbells, Roto-toms, Djembe, Triangle, Bells, Whistles...etc, the fun stuff, Percussion.

thanks for all the luck, we'll need it. once the website is up you can check tour dates, listen to tracks, get full bios and buy our debut disc 'Natural Awakening'

9. schwahead

schwahead Senior Member

ill be there

10. graven

graven Member

I would go, but they don't allow pets! Why not?

11. phillyrp314

phillyrp314 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

They use to allow pets at the ville', but have discontinued the practice a few years ago. As far as I know, it was a matter of pet owners not being responsible for their animals. At the end of the festival there were too many stray/lost dogs wandering around, and very few were claimed. Don't quote me, but I believe many had to be sent to the local shelter, which eventually leads to...

Anyway, the production company and band didn't want to have to deal with this again, especially when the cause was irresponsible owners. Plus there's the liability risk of someone being attacked, etc...

Once again, it's a case of a few bad apples...

12. lizm

lizm Member

I'll be there!!

There is a new web site, called the Hookahheads Guide to Hookahville, up at http://www.hookahheads.com/hookahville/ . It has lots of useful info for those heading to Hookahville (or thinking about it). Taping info, hotels, camping, maps, schedules, kid info, packing lists...all kinds of stuff.

Also links to hookahville's list of kennels in the area. It's as Philly said....dogs used to be allowed at Hookahville but a few irresponsible people messed it up for everyone by leaving thier dogs locked in hot cars, leaving them when the fest was over and letting them run loose without any supervision.

It was a tragedy waiting to happen.