honey

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fractual_, May 16, 2004.

1. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

People call me that (honey) all of the time. I don't mind it when someone knows me or is trying to be sweet, but there are some situations when I'm called honey that it almost feels like a put-down. If that makes any sense. Like when a cashier younger than I am says "thanks hun". That ticks me off. I mean, I look very young for my age but I'm probably like 10 years older than she is. *lol*

Oh, and the other day after picking my oldest son up from kindergarten, we stopped by the store to get a snack. Well, while we're in line, the cashier was talking to the man in front of us, telling him where the sale flyers were, and she points, and says "they're behind that girl". Pointing at me. Girl?! Hello?! I'm a married 27 year old woman, standing here with my 6 year old son and 2.5 year old twins. She probably thought I was the babysitter. Yes, I've actually been accused of that. "Oh, babysitting, are we?" or "those can't be all yours, you're much too young!"

But seriously, I get offended by things like that sometimes. Then again, it all boils down to what kind of mood I'm in at the moment. ;)

2. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

Doesn't usually bother me, but then again we all have those moods when everthing bothers us, but 99% of the time, it doesn't even phase me

3. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

yeah exactly. i guess it just really depends on who says it..