Honey Boo Boo - Fuck You

Discussion in 'Reality TV' started by dixie_pixy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

My eyes! My eyes!

Help Momma! Make it go away!

2. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Eavesdrop is a narc - That name is so telling!
    and confusing.

We're a bunch of stoners - stop going back and forth!

3. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

I don't have one either. I just went and watched it on Youtube after this thread got started.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What are these beauty pageants focussing on? If this kid is so annoying in both appearance and behaviour she would not win those shows I would think. Also find it curious that at least half of the criticism in this thread are about her and her moms looks. I can understand your opinions but I'd expected it to be more about the exploitation side of this story. Anyway, if it is really annoying (and it seems to be indeed) the logical thing to do is obviously not watch it or if it is controversial focus the topic about that shameful practices and not how the kid happens to look like a down syndrome patient. She probably needs that therapy later in her life partly because all these cool righteous peeps were making fun of her redneck pig look.

5. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I don't watch that mess. I watched it for less than 30 minutes last night and then created this post. Watching once and laughing does not make me a fan!!

6. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

Actually ratings surveys have shown that the people who hate the show are the ones who are watching it. The whole point of the show from a marketing standpoint is to get everyone whipped up into a hate fest and it's working.

7. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Bahhahaha!

First - I was saying how it is exploitation! Her mom should know better! That's what hillbilly trash does! She's trained for pageants, and let run like a pig (she litereally says she wants to roll in the mud cause she wants to be a pig)! Now, I'm from the south (so is everyone around me) and I have some very southern ways. I like to sop gravy up with my biscuit and my dad has a tree of dead fish in the yard (don't ask). We do some pretty redneck things - but there is something in this show's undertones that make me want to rip my eyeballs out!

8. Asmodean

Unfortunately has proven to be succesful in certain commercial strategies as well. People love getting riled up about stupid shit... :(

9. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

You want Momma? I'll give ya Momma!

[​IMG]

10. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

I actually think it's kind of cool that a little fat girl can get out there and win beauty pageants.

11. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Ok- then I definitely hate it.
    And don't plan on wasting my time watching it ever again!

Lord knows I don't want to give into marketing schemes! :rolleyes:

12. Asmodean

So far it seems for most people in this thread it is her appearance. And how innocent can a remark of a 6 year old be when she wants to roll in the mud and be a piggie? That's nothing to get riled up of course. It must be the undertones and just that this is a very imperfect family according to the norm, which is always enough for some people to get on their high horse.

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:puke:

14. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

It's not about her winning pageants. I agree, that's really cool and shows she doesn't care about her haters! But it would be even cooler if it was a "fat girl" who knew how to act like a lady at home.

15. Asmodean

Well, I dislike beauty pageants in the first place (especially for such little kids) but yes it seems cool that the whole picture is judged and not some retarded weight role model of course.

16. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

They're a socially acceptable group of people to hate on. They're not black or gay. Just poor, fat and uneducated.

17. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

High horse shmy dorse! I'm not talking about how they look, it's how they act that is repulsive! And she only wants to be a pig because she thinks that lifestyle is okay. She's old enough to know her mom is considered a "pig", what she's not old enough to know is that everyone is laughing about it!

The show IS designed to make you laugh, and criticize. I'm not going to disagree with that! And so what if we're doing what the show wants us to do. This isn't "normal" and does deserve some criticism.

18. Asmodean

It makes you sheeple, that's all.

19. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Now, now...That's no way to enlighten...

20. Asmodean

I did not mean to call her a name, just stating the obvious if someone gives in to such a banal media practice.