~HOMEMAKERS~ Has it EVOLVED????

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by .·:°¨Genevieve¨°:·., Jun 26, 2007.

1. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

they have separate accounts...

never siad it wasn't her money. but my mom doesn't do the rent or my grandmas mortgage for the house we live in...it doesn't ocme out of her account

2. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Your mom and dad are married, thus both your mom and your dad pay the mortgage and the rent. I broke up with someone once for sticking to his pinion that his dad paid for everything because his mom's job paid a lot less. I really don't like statements like that.

3. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

they're a legal partnership, fitz. however they may negotiate the allocation of who pays what, the money is the same, theirs.

and for future reference, i can think of very few women who think there's going to be any difference between "mom bitching at me on a power trip" and "a power-trippin' bitch." they're both insulting.

4. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

but they're married!!!!!!!! So she does pay it. You really think you and your mom are more equals then you and your dad are because your mom makes less;don't you?

5. fitzy21

you 2 realize that your making arguments up that i agree with, right? i know its both of there money...i just said my dad pays it from his account. how does that go on to mean its not both of my parents money...all i said was my dad does the paying.

but its my mom's house, aint it? right? how many times have both of you said that? its your moms house...

but i get railed on for saying my dad is the one who pays the bills, which automatically must mean that i meant its my dads money? right...

6. fitzy21

omg!! i never said it wsan't her money...

can we please stop playing semantics

i'll break it down...my dad writes the checks. now, where do you get the idea that they're not equal or where do you get the idea that i think its not both of there money and both actually "pay" it

7. mamaKCita

we're following your own train of thought, fitz. bella says "your mom pays the mortgage" (since you father has had no part in this entire argument) and you're only response is that your dad pays the mortgage. you have to admit, through MANY comments made jokingly and no so jokingly, asides and hints and your attitude that your mom's on a powertrip that you aren't viewing your mother with the sort of respect that would save ME smack from my dad. had i ever once said my mother was on a powertrip, my dad woulda smacked me.

8. mamaKCita

THIS is the statement we're referring to. writing a check isn't the point, but you felt the need to put your dad in there. then i say it's still your mom's money, but you have to say they have seperate accounts. there's something distinctly wrong with the way you're arguing this. either you're truly this disrespectful, or you just aren't very good at making this argument.

9. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

In our family we can talk back to my grandpa, but never my grandma or mom. But I don't talk back to my grandpa either, unless I am joking. My family is very matriarchal and when my mom was a kid she said the base police got called because my uncle called my grandma a bitch, my grandpa found out and the shit hit the fan when he got home

10. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I agree completley. This is how I was going to respond.

Chris, you're my friend and I've known you for a long time and I know you have a good heart, but you're 22 now and need to bite down and get on with it.

11. mamaKCita

you know, i think this is basically a useless argument. because fitz with find someone who he can comfortably exist with, with similar values and such. they will work out their own arrangements, and either he'll learn to bend, or she will. hopefully both. but there's a few worms of thought implanted in his head that he's goign to have to address. we both know fitz and we both know he's not a dick and ultimately he's going to be fine. but, fitz, unless you call everyone above you in station and authority a powertripper, don't call your mama that, either.

12. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

He is a very nice guy and will prob make a great husband to someone 5-10 years from now. But he seems like the type who is only going to be comftrable being the boss in the relationship,be the type of guy who controls the accounts, making the most money etc so he should pick a profession that would be good for supporting a family because women who alike relationships like that are rare and know they are rare so they have the ability to be pickier will make you work hard in the begining because they know that you know that you're getting a rareity.

13. fitzy21

it is useless...my only questions wsa quite basic, which pretty much is "why does it matter how it gets done, as long as its done?" thats what it is broken down. i do clean, i get the same results as my parents do, i just do it the way i feel comfortable doing it. i found a way to clean more effieciently than what i wsa taught at home. this is where my point of there is no right way to clean comes in. you'd think someone would be happy that i found a way to clean and be happy while doing so, instead of moping around half-assed doing the work because its a 'chore'

and in the beginning i said both parties should compromise - i was trying to be a nice guy, because i know a few woman who are marrying my guy friends that will completely blow up on them for not cleaning to their standards, which is wrong.. i dont' like vaccumming because something always happens with the vaccum when i use it, but i still do it when needed because the carpet needs to be cleaned. i don't like cleaning the bathroom either, but i do that too when needed. i like dusting, because i'm really good at it and enjoy it for some odd reason.

and at school, i do call out all the power-trippers, even real Officers and high ranking Enlisted men and woman - i will call anyone out. and yes, i'll stick to my guns that my mom did powertrip that day - i didn't start yelling or anything, i just moved on, but i never once and never will call her a bitch and i am sorry if it came off that way. i have tons of respect for my mother. i've gone on powertrips before and have been called out on it, from both higher ups and people lower than me.

14. mamaKCita

your guy friends, be honest now, are they cleaning with their full intention of getting it right? because there's been more times than i can count that i've watched with disgust as a friends meander about aimlessly with a rag or slapdash the dishes, get yelled at, then they act all indignant and say "i don't know what her problem is, it must be pms." i consider that justification for homicide.

15. fitzy21

2 of them i know for sure they do, because they were both my roomates. both in the nicest way possible, "clean freaks" - they'd clean up my stuff, because they thought it was too messy.

we actually tracked one of the girls and how angry she got by moving things around a little bit or leaving a glass in the sink for "too long"

we made a scatter plot graph: the more things that were out of place (move maybe 1/4 inch tops) the angrier she got.

the 3rd one, i dont' know exactly like the first 2 but i'll take his word for it

16. dark_hippy

dark_hippy Member

well, in my home, i am considered the homemaker, however, my wife and i split the household responsibilities. i stay at home with our 2 year old and will be home with the new baby after my wife is off of maternity leave. i also watch my neice and nephew 3 - 4 days a week (usually 4). i also get up at 230 every weekday morning and work my ever loving ass off until 830 or 900. Thank god it is summer because when it is night time, i am also a full-time student and plan on getting my real estate license while my wife is on maternity leave. with such a crazy hectic schedule, my wife is never expectant of any type of house work but we live in a very clean and tidy house. if it is not always tidy, we just don't fret about it. # 1 rule is we always eat dinner together at the table.

17. mamaKCita

that's just plain funny. i've never heard of such a thing. unless there's a confluence of anal retentive psychos with hints of ocd combined with manic depressive disorder, or you're full of shit. one i can buy. three?

18. fitzy21

like i said, i know 2 for sure because i've seen these girls flip over my boys cleaning, but i am taking the 3rd kids word on what he says.

come to the northeast and check out the girls my age...you'll see

19. mamaKCita

you need to move. back away slowly. do not feed the wild animals!!! sounds horrible to me. that's just too many in one place. it's like a cancer cluster. or...it could be about something else altogether.

20. fitzy21

yea, i really do need to get back to boston full time...more diverse in nature