Homemade Peanut Butter Fudge

Discussion in 'Desserts and Sweets' started by Brightondude, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Brightondude

Brightondude Members

Making a batch and thought I would share the recipe, Gold Country Peanut Butter Fudge, 1 18 ounce jar of creamy peanut butter, put in microwave for 1 minute, put in miixing bowl, 1 ounce of white frosting, peel off foil, put in microwave for 1 minute, put in mixing bowl with peanut butter, stir and mix them for aprox 5 mins, put in pan , put in freezer for 1 hour to harden, cut in pieces and enjoy!

2. Brightondude

Brightondude Members

That is 16 ounce container of white frosting

3. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Thanks.This sounds tasty.I will make it a special project to make this.Will any regular peanut butter do as I can't get that brand here in the UK.

4. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

What temperature in the microwave?

5. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

That stays hard enough at room temp with just PB and frosting? I'll have to try that.

I used to make PB fudge with just microwaved PB and icing sugar, add the sugar until it can form a ball and flatten on some wax paper.

6. Brightondude

Brightondude Members

I only use regular creamy peanut butter mostly name brands, I would say any kind of peanut butter would be ok,

Any temperture is fine as long as the peanut butter and frosting melt, they do that within minute,

You dont have to put in the freezer, it wil harden at room tempiture.

7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

It's not bad, actually not as sweet as most PB fudge. I had some vanilla frosting and I did a small test batch of just a couple tablespoon fulls. Basically it's a 1:1 mixture and it was boiling after 35 seconds. Thickens up quick. Next time I'll try adding icing sugar or maybe chocolate fudge frosting. Also I think this might make a good glaze on banana bread.

8. Butterfly23

Butterfly23 Members

Sounds really tasty, I'll try the recipe this weekend.