Homemade laundry soap.

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by LetLovinTakeHold, Mar 25, 2013.

1. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I've been looking into making my own laundry soap, does anyone have experience with this?

Most of the recipes I'm seeing all include Borax, washing soda, oxy clean, fels naptha soap, and maybe some fabric softener. Anyone use anything different? Please share your recipes here...

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Thanks for the info! Do you use any of those yourself?

4. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

you can use it by yourself..

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

http://www.budget101.com/myo-household-items/whipped-cream-super-laundry-soap-3993.html

This is the recipe I used when I made my own laundry soap a month ago. It was a lot of fun to make and I've been using it since I made it. I am so far impressed with the results. We (my husband and I) were having reactions to the laundry detergent we were using and this has been so much better on our skin. It doesn't really leave a strong perfumey scent on laundry, but it does leave your stuff smelling clean. And it really does last a ridiculously long amount of time, I'm just halfway through one of the jars (the recipe makes two) and I've done a lot of laundry in the past month. And the price isn't bad at all, approx. $1.76 for 128 loads in comparison to the $7 for 52 loads I was paying for Arm and Hammer detergent.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Ramona, that is all of the ingredients the OP wants to avoid.

But I'd like to know why avoid these aside from the fels naphtha.

I've heard of hand washing with collected quinoa rinse water, as quinoa has saponin coating.

I've used yucca (the succulent) root.