Homemade Christmas Gifts

Discussion in 'Holiday Crafts' started by MysteriousNight, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Jedite83

Jedite83 Van Dweller

Thats really cool, and I think I may now be making some in the near future.

2. Tinkertiger

Tinkertiger Member

home made jams, marmalades, chutney and chocolates.

3. Seasparkle

Seasparkle Member

mmMmmMm!! Be nice to have you as a relative!! lol

There's alot of great gift ideas in this thread!

4. MaryJeanne

MaryJeanne Member

i do the baking thing as well. i make some good cookies and fudge and then i make another "special" set for the adults. just gotta put the adults stuff in a tin and make sure they hide it so the kids dont get at it. yummmm.
    and i make some jewelry for everyone as well. and i like giving away cool rocks and minerals. and books from the library sales. just random stuff where its the thought that counts.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

this is an old thread but i have to bump it; I was about to create a thread asking for homemade christmas gift ideas but i saw this one already existed.

I like making dried flower arrangements. I think this year I'm going to handpaint vases (probably using some kind of stencil because i'm not very artistically inclined) and do some dried flower arrangements, but only a couple of people I know will appreciate this. I can't paint for shit but I was thinking about also gluing dried flowers to a canvas and doing some kind of abstract colorful painting around it. I dont know if it will turn out well but its worth a shot.

Anyone else have any ideas? Keep 'em coming...pleeease!

this is an awesome idea.

6. acid_tripz222

acid_tripz222 Member

you could knit something or sew or just make some cards! or even write a poem!

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't know how to knit or sew anything more elaborate than seams and buttons :( I wish I knew how to knit, i would knit everyone I know a scarf or hat. Maybe i can learn in time for next year. I do write poetry, I thought about that idea but I don't really know if anyone would appreciate it. it seems a little egotistical on my part to assume my poetry is good enough to give as a gift, although I guess if I made it a personal poem about the person I'm giving it to that would be a different story.

its hard to come up with homemade christmas ideas if you dont know how to sew or paint! maybe i'll just do some kinda food basket for everyone because i do know how to bake!

8. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

hemp jewelry or counted cross stitch-all you have to do is put a little x
    of thread where you are supposed to and make a picture....
    hugs
    peace
    Delfynasa

9. dmob12

dmob12 Member

[​IMG]

Cherokee hair tampons

10. lxd

lxd Member

homemade spoon rings are so beautiful! i have troubles just making a fork bracelet! but i have been making these bear pendants, that would be perfect for christmas ornaments, or a neckless
    [​IMG]
    but homemade gifts are the best. i've also made a little stealie pendant, with the ween logo on it for one of my good buddies. :)