Homeless

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by cutelildeadbear, Jun 4, 2004.

1. MrsA-Camper

MrsA-Camper Member

Well, I'm not sure how it works everywhere else, but hunt camps in Florida are just that - camps for hunters during season. Most of the time there isn't anybody there, and they are so off the beaten trail - but mostly situated in beautiful locations. Very rough sometimes, I've never seen one here with showers etc. The link to the hunt camps in Ocala forest is: http://www.southernregion.fs.fed.us/florida/local-resources/images/maps/oca/ocala%20wildlife%20mgmt%20area.pdf but I'm pretty sure if you go to the USDA Forest Service site, http://www.fs.fed.us/ , you can find info for your local. Cheapest camp sites, least amount of people, most serene beauty... when you're out there, sometimes it seems like you're the first person ever to see a particular scene... not so many paths that it seems like the shortcut to school :)

Of course, camping with running water, bathrooms, conssecion stands, electric hookups etc is way more convenient - but then you have crowds, which is not what I personally go to the woods for.

2. Charlotte

Charlotte Member

OK -- thanks.

3. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

Where the Heart Is.
    had natalie portman in it too.

oh and I spent many a day wandering around a walmart superstore and then at night sleep at a friend's house. it wasn't bad, i got hassled by security a couple times but in the end they got used to me and the ladies at the cafe were real nice about lettin me sit and read my book in there for hours at a time :)