Homeless people

Discussion in 'People' started by Z-Man1983, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Z-Man1983

Z-Man1983 Members

am I the only cold person? Like I’m all for helping people. Lord knows I’ve had hard times. But it just seems to me that some(not all) homeless don’t want to help themselves. Some only care about what you can do for them. I’ve had same guy come into my job complaining he’s dehydrated so we give him a kids cup. Next he asks for pop. Dude you do know soda will dehydrate you faster? Next he wants a free sandwich. My manager who is a total sweetheart finally had to say this is the last free drink. Not 30 minutes later another guy comes in asking for free money because she gave the other guy a drink that in essence only cost about 50cents. I’m not cold blooded but just seems like some homeless people don’t want to help better themselves

Mike Literous likes this.
  2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I usually just ignore them now.

3. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

It's a dilly of a pickle....part of me wants to offer a helping hand & the other half wants to say HELL NO because whatever you give them will go on drugs. I dunno!

4. Z-Man1983

Z-Man1983 Members

I don’t go the you’ll spend it on drugs or alcohol. I’ve just helped to a point I know it’s never enough. I’ll give them couple bucks for the bus...they ask for more for food

5. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I would rather see my money go to a homeless person than go to a rich White Christian Republican businessman.

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

everyone in society is partially responsible for homelessness .....I would give more often if I had it and am not concerned that the money may support a drug habit...…

having said that I am poor myself...I live below the national poverty line so most times I have to tell them I too am a broke-ass

Logan 5, eggsprog, Driftrue and 2 others like this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I ignore them, because how did they get in that position in the first place. A drunken wife beater twenty years ago...is that why his entire family disowned him and thats why he ( 90% of them are male) is in that position now.

Plus in australia, no real excuse to be homeless, unless you are an alcoholic or on the kiddy fiddler register

8. Z-Man1983

Z-Man1983 Members

That’s Australia I guess. I agree I usually see mostly men. But it’s usually the same in my area. I get some were dealt a rough hand. I’m all for helping but I want that help to accomplish something. I don’t want to keep helping and 6months-1 year later their in the same situation.

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Avatar and post check out:tonguewink:

It's not as easy as saying they deserve it. Most Americans are only one or two missed paychecks from being homeless.

You can't let the abusers of the system get you down. Everyone always has these stories of entitled homeless people. Stories that make getting up for their own job so much harder. It always comes back to anger with them. "Why does he get pop when I work!?".

Many holmess are mentally ill. Which in America means you are thrown away. They honestly can not have a job. If you don't give them your extra dollars they would get it from the state and the tax we all pay. Since social welfare is thought to be communism in America many of these people have no choice but to live on the streets. On the street there is nothing to but get high so you don't feel the pain and cold. Although MANY holmess people are clean. Several of them are just victims of capitalism. They get laid off and they could only miss a few paychecks and they were without house. Middle class life is getting by barley in America.

The amount of people who just don't like work vs. the unfortunate is heavily skewed to the unfortunate. If you bother to be friendly they are great people. So many people fuck with them and ignore them they really trust and have the back of people who don't. Treat them like a human. They are somebody's kid.

I will always help them and I always have since I was a kid and my father would take me to baseball games downtown and tell me they spend what I give them on drugs. You don't see this in the suburbs where I grew up. I have learned most people don't help so like I said they are your friend easily.

11. I always just call them names and piss on them becus...DUR...enybody can git a home if dey want one...DERP...homlis pepel must be stupid or dumb...do they kill children or on drugs...DUUUMB

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

13. Don't be uneducated.
    Homeless people live below the poverty line. That means they can't do a lot with the money they get.
    They have nowhere to go and live nor can they afford to pay rent, bills and get food.
    You urinating on them is just fucking disgusting.

stormountainman and rollingalong like this.
  14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The perfect gift for any homeless child...............

[​IMG]

onceburned likes this.
  15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I think it's impossible to generalize about the homeless. Like all people, some are homeless through no fault of their own, others are not. Some are basically decent, and will help themselves if given a hand up. Others expect a hand out, while others I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Some of the richest experiences in my life, though, have been with homeless people. I was involved for awhile with a community of them who subsisted on the bounties of Jamba, the Dumpster Lord. Some homeless street people rode along with me to a Rainbow gathering once, and I paid for and shared a motel room with them along the way. The following year, a homeless man I met at a gathering visited me on his way through Oklahoma. It was a frigid night of the kind I wouldn't want a dog to be out in, so I offered to let him spend the night in my home. He declined, because he said he wasn't used to it. Just give him some newspapers and his dog to keep him warm and he'd be fine. I remember him telling me that possessions were encumbrances.

Anyhow, for Christians homeless people present a challenge. We have the passage in Matthew 25:35: "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in..."
    And Isaiah 58:7: "Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, to bring the poor and homeless into your home, to clothe the naked when you see him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?" And Ezekiel 18:16: "He gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with clothing." I suspect that when rich Republicans are raptured, they'll be called to the great Gathering in the Sky, where they'll partake of the bounties from the Heavnly Dumpster with the homeless, drug addicts, prostitutes, and toothless, bathless dilapidated hebephrenics. And it will be Heaven, but they'll think it's Hell.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It isnt really that. The chronically homeless are mostly made up of the mentally ill who dont know how to properly care for themselves and have never gotten the help they need

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Homelessness in the United States - Wikipedia

18. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Donald Trump and Mike Pence do not want to give government help to homeless people.

rollingalong likes this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

Lots of "righteous" words but "no verified actions" assisting homeless or other community renewal efforts by our anonymous clan here. meh.