holy shit!! my plant is growing!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by soulrebel51, Jun 30, 2004.

1. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

well I planted 7 seeds about 3 weeks ago, but I didnt take any of the precautions for planting. I didn't set them inbetween wet newpapers to let it bud, I didnt pre clean the soil, I just put 7 dry seeds into the dirt. That was about 3 weeks ago. I figured they had either gotten burnt out or I drowned them from too much water. But 5 days ago, a seedling came emerged! Since then, the seedling has grown to a little over 2 inches, the bottom is very red, and the soon to be leaves have branched off into 2 directions. I didnt think that this was going to work, but now that it has how big do you think this plant will get by late August-early september?

2. cervixgirl

cervixgirl Member

I would say around 1 foot. I've seen pictures of some nice plants 1 foot tall with some nice buds on them.

Congratulations!

Do you think nature worries about cleaning the sooil and using wet newspapers to work? ... Neither I. It's good if you want to have nearly 100% success and each of your seeds cost around 5 bucks. Just let the soil dry a bit before re-watering. Once, I almost kill one of my 2 inches plant with too much water.
    Fortunately, after i cut the stem by half (over the rotten roots) and put it in water, it re-rooted. She is only 1.5 feet tall but alive.

Don't fetilize it yet (in case you wish to do it) wait until it's 6 inches or more. I've heard that overferting is a newbie's problem (and i personally agree with that). Just give them some love.

Finally, try not to focus 24/7 on them, or you'll be "trapped". There are many cool things to do while they grow. Once, a friend stopped doing her stuff amd going places because of the total attention she put on her plants.

Now, im a newbie. You should wait till some experienced folks give you some good advice. If something of what i said helps, cool. ;)

Don't fetilize it yet

3. thrawn

thrawn Member

Generally speaking, you should fertilize the plants, at least 3 weeks in, for the soil should have the nessecary nutrients already there. Also, overfertilizing is a common occurence (like my mom did to our lawn) in novice grow ops. I usually wait about 3 weeks, and stik in some fert spikes tha tlast 3 months, leach it every month, and jsut let it be. Some people like to feed it dilute peters 20-20-20 every month and then foliar feed. Which means you directly apply the fert to the plants leaves and stem. But id stik to fert spikes. Sure fire way of doin it.

theo

4. soulrebel51

right now Ive got 2 plants that are over 5 inches high now, and 3 others that are about 3 inches
    they are comin along pretty good, i just hope my parents dont find them anytime soon.

and when is the earliest i could trim the leaves?

5. strawpuppy

strawpuppy Member

Oh what happy memories............

I spent years up-rooting my husbands seedlings.....Sooo coservative and afraid...

Now, 7 years later, after he was brutally murdered, all I can say for sure is:....I know they are hardy in the first stages, maybe they need pampering to get the "BUD" head on them which is the best bit...later on....

And if I had to do it again, I would never uproot what made me me, and gave me myself back.....

I loved him and always will................

I should lecture you on the consequences, BUT, after LIVING and SEEING, AND, knowing what I know now...

Take care of those babies........look on the internet on how to care for them....and keep your sweet head and stay firm in being WHO and WHAT you are even if the **** hits the fan and you have to pay the consequences for all of us..................

HELL I'm doing it for you right now.................

Love you too....

Happy planting

Strawpuppy

6. soulrebel51

im like really confused about your post

7. EasyRider

EasyRider Member

Wow plants rule. I am growing 10 plants and all of them are over 3 inches which is good for about 3 weeks old. Are you growing under natural sunlight? I recommend using a 400watt hps, although mine gets hot I just use a fan aswell. Is it possible to grow inside? You will get a much better crop that way.

8. strawpuppy

strawpuppy Member

Appologies, I have a nasty habit of getting off my face and onto this hipforum....

I'm confused about my post too...

I think I was worrying about the legal aspect for you....(whilst going off on a trip down memory lane somewhere...)

I hope your plants blossom and you enjoy watching them bloom.

strawpuppy