holy plants...damn

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by GRIMM A. KNIGHT, Jun 6, 2010.

1. GRIMM A. KNIGHT

GRIMM A. KNIGHT Member

so got my card this year and inherited some property so i thought i would try my luck at growin outdoor... switched my plants from an indoor vegg to outdoor last month... now something is eating tiny holes throughout my leaves anyone gotr any suggestions? thank you
    :confused:

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

its normal in ontario to get some early pests...the standard 40 to 1 dish detergent and water sprayed on the plant will help if not eracicate those tiny munchers....did you clear the immediate area around the base?...is this a garden or ''guerilla'' grow?

3. GRIMM A. KNIGHT

GRIMM A. KNIGHT Member

thank you for your reply rollingalong.... its a garden. all legit and legal in cali. originally i only cleared a foot around the pots while i let them get used to the new climate( i started veggin elsewhere) i noticed how they where being eatin and cleared a a 30 by 60 foot area and planted. now i noticed a lot of munchin on some of my most healthy plants. so good old dish soap huh ill try it thamnk you..

4. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Not sure what critters you got but get some neem oil and hose down your plants a few times a week for a while. It will fend off pest as well as be enjoyed by your plants.:)

5. GRIMM A. KNIGHT

GRIMM A. KNIGHT Member

thanks yellowcab i actually have some here just not really sure how to use it... and dont want to damage them further. maybe you can direct me as to how i apply said neem oil. thank you

6. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

Depending on the problem, if its just common greenfly then ladybirds should help too. Helped for me for a while...till the slugs came in anyway :mad:

7. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Just mix it with warm water and a drop or two of dish soap and spray every leaf topside and underside, also spray the stem. Repeat this as often as you like the more the better, 3 or 4 times a week should be good. Not sure of the water to oil ratio but it should be on the container. Its alot of work but your plants will love you for it.:)

8. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

There is some sand like substance which I think is called Damaticus earth, but I'm not sure. You can get it at most grow type shops, anyway sprinkle it around the base of your plants and it will cut the slugs as they try and cross it.

9. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

I had sand around the base of the pots, I wasnt able to get out to the area enough to keep on top of the problem though. Was about 12 miles from where I was living at the time. Got about an ounce from 3 plants because of the slug damage.

10. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Yellowcab, That's diatomaceous earth, it drys the little buggers shells so much that they crack up and die. It consists of shell fossil crushed into a flour.

11. GRIMM A. KNIGHT

GRIMM A. KNIGHT Member

well thank you yellow cab i went out this morning and sprayed them down ill start a ridgid schedual. and bad fish that sux about the three plants and slugs, damn.have a great day everyone.

12. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Thank you, its been awhile since my growing days, tough to remember all that stuff. But its great for future reference's :D I know it also will leave near fatal scratches in slugs so they will not cross it. Might bother snakes though I,m not sure.

13. GRIMM A. KNIGHT

GRIMM A. KNIGHT Member

good lookin.

14. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Yeah! there are other uses for it I've heard, but won't pass along, 'cause I'm not a Doctor of medicine nor a Veterinarian...>)

15. qsxqsx0

qsxqsx0 Guest

crushed egg shells work great aswell