"holes in your brain"

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by chris, May 10, 2004.

1. LostChord

LostChord Member

it all depends on the trip...

I've even smoked salvia while on acid to luanch me off into an experience... and also if your mind seems 'loud' and figgity.. and you cant get into meditation.. weed and or salvia sometimes helps me with that...

and I like to just cuasually smoke weed anyway.. so sometimes it makes me a lot more comfortable to sit back and smoke a J and relax.. or sometimes if I come out of a crazy experience and I just have a desire to smoke a lil.. even packing a bowl and taking a hit every 20-30mins..

i dont know its just a habit...

i mean if your on a strong dose the weed wouldnt be neccesary if you even remember what weed is...

2. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

Where is the truth behind this. I have studied alot and eaten LSD a whole lot and never heard this. The funny thing is I am color blind and tend to not care a whole bunch about things like that. Anyway though I dont think it is true. Could be wrong though so if you can prove it please show me, im interested.

3. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

I think nitrous bum may truly be free-on hobo

4. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

I think I've conditioned myself so much to smoking weed that even when my ego gets blown away I could probably still roll a blunt up and smoke that shit. lol...

5. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

ALOT of people on this thread have angered me. Let me lay it to you strait. IF you are an intelligent person with a normal functioning brain, LSD and other psychedelics will not effect you in adverse ways. They do not harm you physically so how much they effect you is pretty much up to you. One thing I have noticed is that people who have problems with psychedelics are normally uneducated, very brain damaged, stupid/retarded, or have a chemical inbalance of their own and should really know better. Any bad effects brought on by LSD or anything similar are easily mentally reversable depending pretty much on how damn sane you are. Thats my rant and it is one of the realer things you will hear about psychedelics

6. 2cesarewild

While I believe that you are right about LSD and SOME other psychedelics, all drugs are slightly different, so who knows one day if there will be a psychedelic that is neurotoxic for some stupid chemistry reason.

7. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

I am a chemist i know dammit lol

8. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

Sane people are brain damage free and 99% of chems in pihkal and tihkal are completely non nuerotoxic NO certain Brain chemistry could make its toxicity change any

9. 2cesarewild

Well I'm not saying that a person could change it... I'm saying a variant of a drug could. MPTP was the name of that heroin analogue that caused a parkinson's like disease after only like two uses I think?

10. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

YES but who in their right mind would take it
    If a drug causes something like that you are going to know after a use or two. My point stands that with psychedelics being non nuerotoxic cannot cause any symptoms days or weeks after use anything that happens will happen while you are high.

11. 2cesarewild

Well the scare was because they really couldn't tell til it was too late.

12. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

How can anyone claim that 99% of the compounds in PIHKAL are safe to use?

Only a few of them (MDMA, MDA, mescaline), have anywhere near the amount of human usage experience needed to draw a meaningful conclusion about potential long-term neurotoxicity, and a lot of them may only have been used by Shulgin and his research group once or twice.

NOBODY knows what long-term damage may be done by playing around with "research chemicals", because they simply haven't been used by enough people for a long enough period of time for any potential hazards (especially subtle, long-term ones) to make themselves apparent.

13. The Flow

The Flow Member

Well, Ellis, isn´t this the problems with all kinds of drugs, including pharmaca?

For example, haloperidol was thought to be safe for more than 20 years, when suddenly someone found, that there may appear problems even decades after the use (so-called "late dyskinesia"). I´m wondering what researchers will find out about the psychopharmaca we use today.

Even today, some meds that are not older than 20 years seem like the stone age to me. What will future generations think about our medicine?

14. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

Look i gotta agree with the flow on this. I know u and I have disagreed much but, my whole love for psychedelics is based upon the fact that the government condones the use of much worse things, and thousands of them too. People take perscriptions everyday that in my mind are more of research chemicals than any psychedelic. You here about some of the horrible side effects to them. EllisDeeTripp look I have read some of your posts, and I know your smart, but I would like to correct you in the fact that I did not say 99% of those chems were safe I said Non nuerotoxic, and Shulgin himself argues this in many articles and interviews. I have attended seminars with Dr. Shulgin speaking. Clinical depression is a toxic effect caused by many drugs, many drugs that are legal as well. On T.V. you hear about all the new drugs and the crazy side effects. No psychedelics side effects will be apparent is years to come and this is because of the way they interact with our brain. the only other thing I know to say is that I personally know over four people over 65 years of age that take and have taken psychedelics for years and years and years. I am not talking about just LSD and Mescaline either. I mean all kinds of R.C.'s.

15. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

im pretty sure DXM has left some holes in my brain, i ate it WAYYYYYY to much

and the 2c-x 2x a week didnt help either