"holes in your brain"

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by chris, May 10, 2004.

1. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

as any new connections grow between neurons - space is consumed.
    little used braincells are sacrificed by the thousands every day to make space for the new connections.
    We start with more than a billion cells there so it would work for a couple of hundred years .

LSD provides a few scary experiences and strange legends have evolved.

Holes does not explain the effect of expanded consciousness nor is it the price paid for the experience.

some of the strange new memories while entheogenized may seem unaccessible mostly due to unfamiliarity, difficulty in finding the linkages or keys to recall. They did not fall into holes, but if never recalled, eventually they will.

2. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

the only drugs which put "holes in your brain" are opiates and stimulants which temporarily shut down parts of your brain. once you are off of the drug for a while, though, those parts of the brain come back to life

3. GothModernHippy

GothModernHippy Member

true but you should never take hallucinogens if you have holes in your head

as for my comment on alcohol with amphedamines

alcohol thins your blood making stimulants more likely to put holes in your occipital lobe.

Juusssttt ttttrussst mememem on that one
    :(

4. GothModernHippy

GothModernHippy Member

just call me mr. flashback

5. GothModernHippy

GothModernHippy Member

and opiates do not put holes in your brain they jus slow your breathing if you take to much opiates it will result in lack of oxygen that can result in braindamage but not holes

6. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

My cousin is what we like to call an acid causulty. He sounds like he has been smoking crack for 10 years and looks like it too. The only drugs he ever consumed was caffeine, acid, mushrooms, tobacco, weed, hash and opium. He really can't speak since his period of mass comsumption of these chemicals, and he doesn't do much than sit around all day and watch soap operas. Kinda sad since hes a 25 year old guy. However I use all the same drugs and more with the exception of tobacco and have had a different result, I guess its really the difference in quantity consumed that determines the severity of long term psychological affects.

7. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Not just quantity of drugs used, but the underlying psychological makeup of the user, as well.

Some people simply SHOULD NOT take psychedelics. Anyone with a mental illness, or a strong family history of such, would be well advised to avoid LSD. Psychedelics can cause serious side effects in such people.

8. LostChord

LostChord Member

I think colors are more bright and crisp.. and just so much more 'real' then they were before I ever did lsd.., but i suppose it can be different for everyone...

9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

some say it blows holes in your aura. I don't believe it, but it has been said -

10. RxHEAD

RxHEAD Member

This is really true. I know from experience. I mean I was always weird and all, only I did blotter acid once then it like at age 21 I think it sort of 'kicked in' my Mental Illness. Sort of like a real paranoid trip that seemed never went away.

Never have done it again since, only can not for sure say it being the reason for the trip to the Psych Ward only think it helped my Mental Illness stir up inside my brain.

So now like 10 years later I don't work anymore and the messed up thing is all the meds which are most likely worse than LSD on my brain. For some reason ever since on meds and the crazy trip I can't smoke weed any more cause it makes me paranoid bad. Only I can say I don't think I have any holes in my brain cause they have done a shit load of CAT - Scans of my brain and the Doctors have never said anything of holes being in my brain only never really thought to ask them.

Peace

11. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

LSD is a very very safe drug. All the negative rumors you hear about it are just rubbish.

12. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Its a fact that LSD shouldn't be taken by thoise with a history of mental illness, or who might be at risk of such. I have a freind who had life long mental problems of a serious nature triggered by it.
    For most people, it is safe enough, but not everyone.

13. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i have to agree with you BBB. i know someone who has had mental illness triggered by the use of psychedelics. He was doing okay for a while, but for some reason took some psychedelics again, and ended up really really sick.

i also know a person who, after doing a lot of lsd and high potency pot in a short period of time, had a psychotic, delusional break that lasted for a few months. She's fine now, but doesnt go near any mind altering substances.

^^this is important and needs to be repeated. :D

14. WynterFrost

WynterFrost Short Bus Rider

hey you only live once right?

15. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yeah, but it's not much of a life if you lose your mind and cant enjoy it.

16. WynterFrost

WynterFrost Short Bus Rider

17. AceAzamean

AceAzamean Member

Im not 100% on all this, but this is how 'it is' as I understand it.

LSD, does not cause any form of damage to the brain, body, or mind. In fact I've heard that LSD is actually good for your mind, in limited controled enviroments from a doctor/psych.

As for holes in the brain, I do know that alot of amphetamines cause various things to develope, always called holes but thats not what they are. They can be several different things but its safe to say that its a negatively effected area. I know that MDMA can cause those at high, frequent doses, as does PCP, special K, and other drugs that are structurally similar to those.

Mixing drugs is also a bad idea. I know that one shouldnt smoke pot on a trip drug because it tends to lead to memory problems. I know that with mushrooms especially, it leads to memory problems and to paranoia.

18. LostChord

LostChord Member

ya smoking way too much on a trip can make it hard to remember parts of it afterwards (which isnt fun) and it increases paranoia by 100000x, trust me I know lol...

but its great during and after coming down...

but also Ive had so-so trips that got insanly intense after a bongpack..

one time lol I cleared my whole bonghead in one hit.. one breathe... my whole body felt like a big balloon (kinda made me feel like i just ate that gum in willy wonka and my body was all blown up...) it was like there was no end to where i could put the smoke/air it just kept coming in...

19. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

I wouldn't bother smoking cannabis when tripping, the psychedelic's just going to overpower it. On the comedown, however, it may help "ease" you back into reality.

20. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Smoking a bit of grass while waiting for a psychedelic to kick in can help mellow you out and produce a proper "set" for a productive experience, though.