Hoffmans

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by baldykips, May 17, 2013.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL, isn't it funny how we often determine how good a substance is by how thoroughly it kicks our ass. :p

2. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

AND, the 250-ish standard came from the Sandoz recommendation in clinical settings, not kids first trip unsupervised at Woodstock :).
    But he never said that. However here's the reality (in the US) and I have to wonder, would you or anyone you know do this?
    (from Nox erowid link)
    It's sad but, there it is.
    And we're all talking about this terrible Nbome scene... thanks reckless govt prohibition.
    Sadly i've never gotten to sample lab-tested L, my trips have all been guesstimates. Having tripped first in 79, pretty hard on one tab, a fair guess of 30-35 trips over my lifetime, my own "yardstick" is that 100ug is a nice, gentle time, 300ug is where first timers best have a guide because things get intense. Personally anytime I read stories of 10-strip trips, I think 30-50ug tabs as the descriptions of those trips "sound and feel" to me like 300-500ug experiences, which is as high as I've ever gone, again, guessing.

Dropping ten 100 or 150ug hits, I don't care who you are, is not going to result in an experience like going to see OzzFest, partying like a rock star and having a good time.
    1mg of LSD is going to have a person immobilized for the better part of 3-5 hours.

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:2thumbsup:

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The dose/response curve is not quite as sharp once you get into higher doses, so you could potentially have a more intense trip on 250 ugs, then you may on 400 ugs. The set/setting come more into play and give me seeing Hendrix on 250 ugs at Woodstock over 250 ugs at a cold, rigid, clinical setting any day.

5. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Dood, absolutely! :2thumbsup:

I guess I was kinda coming from a "all things being equal" kinda thing, which psychedelic trips are probably the last thing you can say that about lol.

No, ya, for sure the set and setting thing plays as big if not bigger part in the intensity area. I'm still thinking that my recent difficult trip was not due to miscalculating the dose part of the triangle but the set/setting part. I've no better explanation so far :confused:
    And also good point about dose/response curve. I haven't any experience in quantities like Nox has so then again I fall into the group of people that have mearly read of those experiences.
    Were some/most/alot of the "freak outs" of legend from just crazy good(edit: bad) set and settings and less due to dose amounts?

No doubt ! :2thumbsup:

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Do you mean bad settings? :confused:

7. acuarela

acuarela Member

That actually happened to my boyfriend's brother. it was his first time too. It was really scary; I felt so guilty about it and was tripping under a heavy dose too. It's a good story, but I'm about to leave work.

8. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

Guerilla your sig is lovely. That picture takes me to somewhere I can't quite remember, but it's so familiar...Maybe from somewhere in the salvia zone? It's very pointy.

9. gdf13pointfupayme

gdf13pointfupayme Member

lol u people are great!!!

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

looks like something a real estate agent would see while tripping.:p

11. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

12. acuarela

acuarela Member

Now that I have some time in my hands, I can explain what happened. I think this was about 2 1/2 years ago, a friend had given me a vial full of "scraps" of LSD. I felt like he put in there, whatever tabs were loose that he didn't sell. My boyfriend/husband/whatever he is brother had never tripped, so we offered some to him and a friend. We emptied like a 1/4 of the vial on some beer and we all shared the cup. It was around 30-50 hits, it had been sitting there forever and since I've never put acid on anything to get it to work, I was sort of convinced it wasn't going to. We waited about 10 minutes, nobody felt any change. I asked John who was half asleep, drunk at the time if we should take more, his response was "take the whole thing!", he doesn't remember saying that and I should have known better as to wait a little bit longer. We go into the kitchen, repeat, there must have been around 200 tabs of acid in there. We're smoking a cigarette, I start feeling that anxiety accompanied with mild visuals, I never get them that early on. My boyfriend's brother is still going, "yes, I feel it, but like I thought it was going to be different". I told him to relax that we had taken it less than 20 minutes ago and the fact that we all had mild visuals meant it was working fine. He didn't listen to me and went into the kitchen to scrap every single tab from the vial and then front the cup we shared with a spoon. He was sitting there acting like he was eating ice cream. We were in a new apartment and our upstairs neighbors were listening to really shitty dupstep, R&B and who knows what else, it was a nightmare. My boyfriend's brother decides he wants to watch Braveheart (that was a horrible idea). After a few minutes I let him know that I can watch that and I notice him getting really angry over the music and kept acting really strangely, walking outside and wondering around, which I didn't feel comfortable with because there's always cops driving around with nothing to do, he got mad as his lighter and threw it to the wall. I thought, "hey guys, let's watch Spongebob!", that should make everyone happy? No, that was a bad idea too. I can't remember what exactly happened that made me think ok, he's freaking out and I'm tripping way too hard, let me go wake up John so he can take care of his brother and I can just go lay down. John came out and his brother had no idea of what was going on anymore, he's asking for his mom, his dad, his girlfriend's name. He threw a can of soda across my wall, ripped something from the fan and it just kept going downhill from there. At one point it was like he couldn't articulate any words at all and barely be able to move. To my tripping mind he looked like he was possessed by a demon and this lasted for almost 14 hours, he looked and sounded like he was in a lot of pain. It was the scariest thing I've seen and I wasn't even the one going through it and not just because I was tripping, John who didn't take any of the acid would say the same thing. He just held his hand and was like his spiritual guide throughout the madness. I felt so horrible that I didn't tell him to stop eating every single tab he found or just to sit down and wait. I don't know if he'll be taking acid ever again. I can't even say if he remembers most of his trip, but we laughed it off as he came down and then we watched El Topo.