Hoffmans

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by baldykips, May 17, 2013.

1. baldykips

baldykips Member

There appear to be some Hoffman tabs popping up in the UK. They are double printed with the classic bicycle sun/moon print on the front.

Does anyone know if these are the real deal?

2. yami_frank

yami_frank Guest

ye man i had them, i wouldnt be able to tell you well, becasue we did the stupid thing to dobke drop, (untested) hahaha iknow, we defietly tripped massive balls,. althought it felt veryv ery heavy int eh stomach and we had a bit of a bad tripa t the peak, btu as i said w doubnle droped wich is silly. i cna tell you they workd thou xD

3. danw1988

danw1988 Guest

There's a few different designs going round man. I've had the yellow bordered ones with the 5 stars at the bottom and the black and white koi carp design on the back and they're legit, said to be 110ug and feel like it. I know there's a print going round of Hoffmans said to be pretty weak, probs around 40ug, but I've never tried them

Ha yami, my rule is if I don't know the dosage double drop! Very rare your gonna pick up a 150ug + blotter (although I do have some 180ug Mayan calendars stashed away for a rainy day), and I like a dosage of around 250ug

4. yami_frank

yami_frank Guest

no mna, to be fair, we went to somewhere else that day , it was too mcuh to handle, overall becasue it was our 3rd trip, it was definelty a bad idea, btu hey a fucking experience

5. AcidConspiracy

AcidConspiracy Member

Legit Hoffman doses (bicycle tabs) are supposed to be laid at 250 per, because that was the amount Dr. h ingested Apr 19 the day he accidentally discovered LSD aka bicycle day look it up sucka know that history.

6. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

wouldn't that be nice.

i've heard of some hoffman prints containing NBOMe chemicals.

but i've heard of legit ones too, OP.

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I don't know if you can say that for sure. The Hoffman print has been around for years. That does not make sense for one source, they want to make it look like there are 100 guys so the print changes. More like many sources capitalizing on the good name. You see it all the time with E pills. I have seen blotters that have 1943 on them and some have the current year, little things do change. So my point is one Hoffman can vary from the next unless your talking about a span of a few months. If you see it pop up again a year or two later it could be a new network with different opinions on what a good dose is.

Maybe if we assume it is only made by the source once every few years as I hear it can be done they would be comfortable with sticking with a classic, but I have never heard of the general public getting anything more then like 150 micrograms a hit. But I have heard of "family only" stuff that is laid at 300-400 each.

8. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Yeah this is kind of an ignorant statement. Its a nice idea, but I don't think there's any reason to think that all Hoffman prints should be 250ug.

The ones I tried recently were the koi fish print mentioned above. They were rated at 110 and that seemed accurate from my experience. I did triple drop though :D

9. danw1988

danw1988 Guest

I know my history, sucka, but what you're chatting is pure cheddar. The Hoffman print is a common print in the uk and Europe, and they've never been 250ug.

There's a few prints in Europe that push 150ug anakin but yeah they're pretty rare. Dalai lamas were said to be 250ug, and fat freddys were around the same, although I think they released a weaker batch. The first Mayan calendars were said to be 300ug, then the second batch was 180ug. As always though, getting hold of the good tabs is the hard part!

10. mixmaster1314

mixmaster1314 Member

Depends on location and who you know about how strong the dose is...

The newest batch of hoffmans from EU are between 90-110ug a dose. Newest Mayans are 180ug and those just came out this month.

I used to get my bulk stuff from an old school hippie, who honestly I think laid it himself or knew the guy that did. Because after a little while, he started selling me REALLY STRONG paper for just me and my fam, that hed only sell like a strip at a time. Those had to be at least 300ug a dose, sometimes more. Three were stronger than eating a strip of his normal stuff, and I only did that once because I thought he was BSin me... Man I miss that guy.

11. AcidConspiracy

AcidConspiracy Member

I worded that a little funny, to clarify, Dr Hoffman's first intentional trip was MEASURED TO BE 250ug, 4/19/1943. (bicycle day)

That is why the people that dose the paper and dilute the crystals want all TRUE Hoffman doses to be at 250 mics. It is important because of the history, the intention is to share what that first ride might have been like!

YOUR hoffmans might be lousy knockoffs with no love who gives a shit anyways though if it gets ya high, right?

Fuckin wikipedia tells you this shit, amateurs. Take notes.

12. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Wikipedia is also the most reliably unreliable source out there. 90% of it's boring as shit too.

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL
    That's funny.

In reality most people may not enjoy a 250ug trip.
    The main reason the average dose went from 250/300ugs in the mid sixties down to about 100-150ugs by the mid seventies was because at 250ugs a lot of people had a hard time with it, especially if it was their first experience.

It will never be possible to come close to that first LSD trip because we all know about it and have a head full of preconceptions concerning LSD and that in itself will guarantee your experience will be vastly different then that bicycle ride, so that whole idea is asinine.

Then I wonder where all you guys are getting your numbers from, are you having doses tested at a lab to determine strength or is it just "that feels like..."

In my experience having had the fortune of having LSD that was tested and verified, I will say that most estimations are overstated by at least 50ugs.

Read some of the early clinical tests, such as this account of one of the early trips taken by W.A. Stoll, the son of A. Stoll who was the head of Sandoz labs at the time;

http://www.psychedelic-library.org/child4.htm

That was an experience of only 60ugs.
    Read it then think how it compares to some of your own experiences.;)

LSD is a lot stronger than most folks realize and most doses are greatly overstated concerning the actual weight of LSD they contain.

14. porkstock41

noxious, you're shit is getting old dude. just like you :p

what makes you think that tabs can't be tested today? we have way better technology today than we did 'back in the day.'

don't get me wrong, i don't think most hits are tested and verified at a particular dose, but with certain non street level sources, the ug amount per hit is advertised. not saying that it's 100% accurate (it usually probably IS overstated), but it can give you an idea, especially if you've tried other doses at other stated amounts, and if you trust the guy. yeah that's all subjective, but how are you so sure of the doses you took back then, but block it out of you mind that someone else may have had a similar experience?

how was your shit tested?

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

it's not my shit pork, I didn't write these things, I just refer back to them.
    In answer to "how was your shit tested";

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_article1.shtml
    "PharmChem Data
    In the early 1970s, prior to issuance of the DEA's guidelines, there were a few labs that actively analyzed street LSD. The most prominent of these labs was PharmChem, based in Palo Alto, California. Between 1972 and 1978, PharmChem solicited users to send in samples of chemicals purchased on the street. They then worked with labs around the country to provide testing results for the submitted samples.

Prior to 1974, PharmChem published both qualitative and some quantitative testing results--including microgram dosages for street LSD--in their print newsletter. Each month they would publish a list of hundreds of samples that had been submitted, including information about what the submitter believed the substance to be, where and when it was purchased, how much it had cost, a physical description of the material, and what the test results were for the sample. Unfortunately, they failed to describe their testing methods. We believe, based on talking to Alexander Shulgin and a former PharmChem employee who worked there after their "Analysis Anonymous" program had ended, that they used thin layer chromatography to detect both the presence of LSD, and what could only be estimates of the quantities present.

In March 1977, PharmChem published a review of the street drug analysis they had done in the United States and Canada between 1969 and 1975. Looking at a total of 2200 samples submitted as "acid" or "LSD", they reported that 87% of the submitted samples alleged to be LSD were d-LSD with no other psychoactive drug present. In LSD-positive samples, they found a range of 5 to 500 µg with an average of 75 µg per dose.5

Interestingly, people who submitted samples to PharmChem also often submitted comments about whether they believed that the acid contained "speed" or "strychnine". Although no strychnine was ever detected in any of the submitted samples--and only a few tested positive for methamphetamine--PharmChem reported that the more LSD that was present in a dose unit, the more likely the submitter was to think it contained strychnine."

I lived/live in SoCal and the purple microdots I got for my first trip tested an average (from 3 hits submitted) of 170ugs per hit.
    The liquid we were getting tested at 100ug and 150ugs per dose.

If memory serves you would call, get a reference #, send a sample, then you could call back a couple weeks later and get the results.

Are there any labs around today that will test street drugs without reporting to the cops, I don't think so.

So Pork, what I do see, and mentioned way too many times, why in the fuck should peoples experiences with LSD be any different than any of the literature I mention/refer to??????
    So fucking what if it's a few decades old, it is still valid.
    If you feel it is not, could you please explain how the molecular structure of LSD-25 has changed to make any of my "old shit" no longer relevant?

Lose the stoner mentality and engage the scientist. :p

is there anything in my prior post that was wrong???

16. mixmaster1314

mixmaster1314 Member

Ive got a source in EU that gets his tabs tested. Many of the vendors on SR are true, some are not.

17. danw1988

danw1988 Guest

Noxious, hofmanns are laid in holland. In holland you can take your drugs to a test centre to get them tested. That's we're I get my ug from

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

cool, do they give you a complete analysis or just confirm the substance?
    Got any report or something to post?

19. porkstock41

maybe yours are, but not ALL hofmann blotters are laid in the same country. that's one of the most common prints around, so it probably comes from all over.

20. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

MPE had a 25-tab square printed with Hoff and a beautiful koi fish, came from Poland and you can see it here.

If that's what you're looking at, I definitely recommend. 1 1/2 had me curled up like a little baby worried I was going to melt into my bed.