hobgoblin

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by madcrappie, May 7, 2007.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

anyone ever have this english ale?

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

yea, i had it quite a few times...i enjoy it quite well. theres a pub that we go to quite a bit with it on tap, or had it on tap - don't know if they took it off...but it was on tap last fall.

i like it

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Yes, I've had it numerous times. I prefer it in the can over the bottle. The clear bottles and importation from England tend to damage the beer, skunking it . I've never had it on tap. Good stuff... one of my more preferred English ales.

4. SlickyPants

SlickyPants Member

Good news, Hobgoblin comes in brown bottles now. I don't know what the turnover is in the rest of the world but where I live they started showing up in brown bottles around December 2006.

And yes, I do enjoy a good Hobgoblin from time to time. Now that Wychwood is using brown bottles I'll have to try their Blackwych Stout. Every time I've tried that it had been really skunky and was always put off by it. Odd thing though, I never had a skunked Hobgoblin before (even in clear bottles).

5. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Its awrite. I never seen it in the clear bottle though.
    ever had Dirty Dicks?
    [​IMG]

6. nesta

nesta Banned

i've seen it around, and i believe what i've seen in my area is in the brown bottles, but i havent gotten around to trying it yet.

7. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I used to love Hobgoblin before I found some more local ales :)