Hobbits and Hippies.

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by hillbillyhippy, Jul 26, 2013.

1. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I am an avid fan of The Lord of The Rings trilogy. Particularly the hobbits. They always seemed to me to be like some dudes that would be good to chill with. They remind me a lot of hippies. Peaceful, want nothing more then to be left alone, enjoy their friends and family, and have a fondness for a simple life, and food, as well as pipeweed. Hell even The Shire looks like a hippy commune/eco village.

So who here agrees with me.

Some day I plan to own my own little farm, where the houses are partially built into the ground like Frodo's Hobbit hole., and I will have a few friends living with me, and will allow for visitors to share in my blessing. Me and my fiance have decided to name it THE SHIRE So ...who agrees with me and who would like to visit the shire once it is made ;)

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^I'm going to build that house one day.

The only thing I don't really like about the hobbits is they don't have a great love of adventure. I always related more to the elves for their love of exploration. I would like to be an elf while I'm young and a hobbit in old age :)

4. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Hobbits do not wear shoes, so I imagine the barefooters of this forum to be hobbits.

5. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Most don't, but as you know there are the exception of the baggin's , Sam, and mary and pip, favorite line was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_BBR5n-_Jk

"don't think he knows about second breakfast pip "