hmmmmm trichs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Techniques' started by Mud_Hunter, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Mud_Hunter

Mud_Hunter Member

Why do I love the look of trichs? So I geuss im looking for these to turn amber? Does the flavor change?

2. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Depends on what you are trying to achieve.I like the dead on a stick for the couch potato high,so 80-100% pistol color change and depending on strain 50-75% color change in trios.If ya dont want the down high then peak harv is generally when trios are beginning to change.

3. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

I enjoy a nice mixture of cloudy/amber, but if I had to choose....couchlock is for me, hahaha!!!!

4. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

the flavor should be fairly established by the time they get clouded, but it will get deeper and have subtle nuances with the more trichs that get amber.
    let too many get amber [90 percent or higher] and you will begin to lose flavor/potency and shelf life.

5. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't have the experience to contribute here but most reading I do points to a gradual decline in QUALITY when more then 40% of trichs turn amber. I like the active effect and the bright, cerebral high the sativa type brings. b1

6. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

^^^^^^Keep listening to TD420's advice and people will be harvesting dead, tasteless, no potency, buds, hahahahaha!!!! Good find Bv1......

7. ekul le chet

ekul le chet Member

wicked pics mudhunter, looking really nice!

this pic might help with when to harvest, hope you got a microscope or something so you can get in really close, helps a lot

8. Mud_Hunter

Mud_Hunter Member

ekul le chet ... thanks for the info, this will help out alot :) . I might snap a real good close up to see where im at now. Thanks

9. Mud_Hunter

Mud_Hunter Member

My trichs today ....they still look clear to me? This about as close as a pic i can get..maybe i should get a magnifing glass?

10. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

You have to check the trichs will a strong magnifying glass or jeweler's loupe (10x's magnification or better). I would guess at most of your trichs are now cloudy.

11. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I use a simple microscope to check trichomes. 40x magnification leaves no doubt.
    Real good camera technique, going max close-up with max zoom and max pic quality and size and putting it on the computer and hitting your + button on the zoom function of the software will do nearly as well as 'the good microscope". Practice your camera technique, it's fun and real useful. b1