Hitting the gym after being high?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Chunky Charcoal, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Chunky Charcoal

Chunky Charcoal Member

Has anyone ever done a full body workout while feeling some hefty after-effects from pot? does it make the workout a lot harder? does it sober you up faster? would you advise against it?

i'm wondering whether or not i should hold off on getting high when i plan to hit the gym that night.

thanks for any input :)

2. Vapemaster

Vapemaster Captain of a sinking ship

Wait until after you work out. I do a 30 min - 1 hour workout at least 5 nights a week and if I'm high I usually cut it short or don't workout at all. I like to wait until after to help me cool down and relax once I'm done.

3. Nero_Designs

Nero_Designs Inhaled Dreams

I like physical exertion (sp.) after or while high...

It feels extremely relaxing mentally. and afterwords you feel even better.

For me it kind of lengthens the high. And for me if I feel the high is mostly gone, and then work out, it comes back a little.

The only hard part is starting your work out, once you get going it's awesome.

4. Buddha Fish

Buddha Fish wanderin' fish

go for it

choosing to smoke some kind of sativa would help, too

5. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

like Nero said,
    the hardest part is starting, but once you're out, you feel so much better than once you came in.
    I guess it depends though, if you hate working out, weed is probably just going to make it worse. I can work out at least as long, if not even longer when I'm high.

6. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

i am in agreement with cannibisoul, if you like to workout then most likely it will be an awesome experience.

i love working out and it used to be part of my daily routine to get high and then go work out about 30 minutes after toking. Listening to music and gettig in the zone is the most incredible feeling!

7. Subliminal89

Subliminal89 A Tokémon Master

I would smoke after you work out.... but that's just me

8. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

I never go to the gym after getting baked, but I do enjoy exercise whilst stoned.
    Running in the woods/biking.
    Swimming.
    Frisbee.
    Things of that nature. I'm not much of a gym rat anyways, and when baked there is little desire to get on a treadmill when there is plenty of trails to blaze outside.

9. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

If I ever decide to work out it will be something along the lines of this... Smoke a J on the way to the Gym, because it is close. Work out. Smoke a J on the way home, because it's close. That way I can be stoned while I am warming up and cooling down. Nothing better.

10. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

I really wanted to know what it'd be like recently. I say try it at least once.

11. PsychadellicSinatra

PsychadellicSinatra Member

I work out everyday & I got high one time before I did it & I was running on the treadmill & got dizzy as shit & my feet felt like they weren't even hitting the treadmill & it kinda felt like when you get too drunk & the room is spinning. However, lifting weights, crunches, etc it was fine.

12. 311x

311x Member

ive gone to some of my workouts high and at first you are slow but once your into it it can be a fun experience while you burn those calories hah

13. Chunky Charcoal

Chunky Charcoal Member

sounds like something that would happen to me :p

i can get those effects out of nowhere, even if i haven't had that much to smoke.

but that's why i probably wouldn't want to go to the gym right after toking, it can get unpredictable. i normally smoke in the early afternoon to be burning out still by about 7, when i'd want to be going to the gym.

i guess i would just be a bit out of it, since all i'd be feeling is some laziness. might as well try it at least once, hopefully it'd give me a nice boost of energy once i got into it :p

14. CGhost

CGhost Member

when i went to the gym high i could like lift and run without getting tired, it was pretty awesome. I dont know if it was because of the weed or i was just full of energy that day :p

15. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

It's never really crossed my mind.I've been meaning to start up again but I don't know if I'd like it.Especially after being on the elliptical for a while then trying to walk.lol

16. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I agree