Hitchcock

Discussion in 'Classic Movies' started by StayLoose1011, Feb 20, 2007.

1. HippieTim

HippieTim Member

vertigo is my favorite, but i also really love rebecca, rope, family plot, frenzy...well, really all of them; hitchcock is amazing!

2. forrealz

forrealz Banned

Hitchcock,fantastic director as were so many other directors of the older movies from the 1930s-70s.Hitchcock had more talent in his index finger than any of the modern directors have in their whole bodies.Almost every film he made is worth viewing.He also had a great tv show-Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

3. ippi

ippi Member

I think, Vertigo was the greatest, Hitchcock film. It's almost like tripping with DXM...
    Birds, was another masterpiece, ecxpesially the directing of that film! WOW!

4. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Vertigo is my favorite! It's incredible. The first time I watched it, I had to turn around and watch it again!

5. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

Hitchcock was the master, one of the best.Almost every one of his movies are either very good or just excellent.My favorites are in no particular order are. 1.Strangers On a Train--2.North By Northwest---3.The Birds

6. waukegan

waukegan Member

i watched one of his silent films "the lodger" .very well done.onne of his first films.it certainly was an indication of things to come...other favorites of mine "psyco","the birds" and "north by northwest".also remember his television program...alfred hitchcock presents"..it was fun tuning in each week to watch him introduce the shows.

7. SamanthaHazelEyes

SamanthaHazelEyes Member

He's fantastic. 'The Hitchcock Hour' is perhaps the most fantastic show... ever. :)

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

I watch him often.. some really twisted shit he came up with ,:cheers2:

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

10. orangecrush94

orangecrush94 Member

I love how The Birds has no music at all yet it's so freaking scary.

11. mvn

mvn Member

I love Psycho. I wish I was alive when it first came out because it was so revolutionary. Vertigo and North by Northwest are a close second.

12. Timewriter

Timewriter Member

Probably 'The Greatest'...if there is such a thing...
    Despite the brilliance of Psycho, North By Northwest, Vertigo and Rear Window, I keep going back to The Birds.

13. Libra

Libra Member

Just saw Foreign Correspondent! George Sanders is one of my top 10 actors.
    It's not talked about much but it's a classic.

14. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

love alfred hitchcock movies
    my dad introduced me to them

15. bowl_of_raspberries

bowl_of_raspberries Member

This reminds me I PVR'd Stragers on a Train last night...can't wait to getting around to watching it! :)

16. ladylala

ladylala Member

I'm a newbie to the Hitchcock fan club. Rear Window and Psycho are my favorites thus far.

17. gunison

gunison Member

Hell yes! Love George Sanders, who is a very underrated actor (despite the well-deserved Academy Award for "All About Eve"---seriously, who even knows/remembers that he won for that?) and Foreign Correspondent is certainly an underrated film.

Rear Window is my all-time favorite Hitchcock. Love his work.

I know it's the film forum, but does anyone have any favorite Alfred Hitchcock Presents? I'd pick 'Lamb to the Slaughter' and 'Back for Christmas' (starring John Williams).

18. MindRiot

MindRiot Member

There's a few of his that I have yet to see, but Rear Window currently tops my list.

I have a love for both Notorious and Rebecca as well. I think The Wrong Man is underrated, as I generally don't see it come up much when Hitchcock is talked about.

19. MSRosetti

MSRosetti Member

I love Hitch, and no movie comes close to Psycho. I also like Frenzy, which is not as well known but very good and suspenseful.

20. Lucy Sky Diamond

Lucy Sky Diamond Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I like most of his movies, but favs are Rebecca, Marnie, one of his most underrated films, I find. Suspicion, could have had a better ending, but the rest was good, and well, Cary Grant! Rope, freaky concept! The 39 Steps, Strangers on a Train, The Lady Vanishes, The Birds scared me as a child, so it's always stuck with me, Rear Window, a little slow but very interesting seeing all the different people's lives. I like when they have the Hitchcock marathons. I love settling in for a day of Hitch viewing.