History shows that America beats up the powerless in retaliation

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Chodpa, May 25, 2004.

1. freakwentflyer

freakwentflyer Member

We did NOT round up the Germans, too! Maybe a few Germans were on a case by case situation. None of my German family members, some of which could not speak english, were put in camps. All of the Japanese Americans were.

And by the way, believing in the reality of a workable alternative to killing innocent people is not just a "hippie thing".

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

yeah, my family is mostly german, and they were not rounded up at all, mainly i think because they look a lot like everyone else. my grandfather was in the army during WWII, a full blooded german, second generation.

3. Megara

Megara Banned

more people claim german heritage than any other in the US...there would have been a revolt to round up roughly 1/6th of the US population.

4. Maverick

Maverick Banned

Yes, the Germans were too. There were Nazi groups and uprisings in the camps. I read that in a book.

5. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

[​IMG][​IMG] Above is pictures of Hiroshima and below is a Vietnam picture.

[​IMG]

6. Megara

Megara Banned

how many innocents did the japanese slaughter in nanjing? How many pows did they preform medical experiments on, how many did they kill?

I'm sorry, but the japanese were downright RUTHLESS....they were fighting to the bitter end. If you want to talk about real horrors, talk about Nanjing, not 2 atomic bombs.

7. PhishPhood

PhishPhood Member

There are no more nuclear materials in America, well active nuclear weapons. They have all been dismantled and put in "storage" at Y-12 and other facilities just in case of nuclear attack.

8. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

meagain, sometimes you make the most thoughtful posts... and then you say things like this which make me wonder what the hell is wrong with you?

The Japanese (AS IN COMBATANTS) were ruthless, cruel and downright nasty. I happen to know this because some people that were in their custody during WW2 told me more than enough stories.

What you do NOT want to do is sink to their level.
    By your logic then everything at Abu Girab prison was completely warranted and in fact.... 'nothing' compared to what Saddam has done to American POW's.
    So its all good?

The point it - WE should never lower ourselves to their levels.

Quick reply to Jozak too:

ALL cities were producing something for the war effort. ALL major cities in Japan had some kind of military bases in or around them.
    That is often used as an excuse for why Civilians were exterminated and its pure bullshit.

Nagasaki and Hiroshima were perfect sized cities for the two experiments.

Had the perfect amount of civilians too.

9. Megara

Megara Banned

how on earth you get that abu ghraid was warranted from what i said is beyond me. Why is the atomic bomb any worse than any other military bombing? Why is the nazi's bombing of london not horrific? Why is our bombing of germany not as horrific? We were in the middle of a WORLD WAR. We did not control japan like they controlled nanjing...they brutally murdered 300k people. What we did is nowhere near the scale of that, even though roughly the same people died. Civilians die in war. The deaths of those in hiroshima and nagasaki are on the emperors hands and not Americas.

10. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Megara, Why is it that every time someone has a problem with what America does you have to find scapegoats in other country's actions? It doesn't justify anything.

Just because there is someone out there that has done "worse" things, it doesn't make America's wrongdoings justified.

Anyone who has had children, or brothers and sisters will know this very well. The minute they are in trouble, "well how come this is so bad when so-and-so did such-and-such"

It's nothing different that you are doing now. Really shows nothing but a childish mentality. You can give us examples of how horrible everyone else is, but that doesnt make the U.S. actions any less terrible or acceptable.

11. Megara

Megara Banned

because there are real horrors out there...nanking, the killing fields..the holocuast...the atomic bomb isnt one of them.

edit: let me add my lai to that.

12. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

in 1812 madison was mad
    he was the president, you know
    well he thought he tell the british
    where they ought to go
    he thougth he'd invade canada
    he thought that he was tough
    instead we went to washington
    and burned down all his stuff
    The War Of 1812

by Arrogant Worms

13. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

The war of 1812 had nothing to do with the kidnapping and abuse af American sailors now did it........

14. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

Pull out, drop another nuke, move on. It worked the first time!

{this is probably what GW is thinking about now anyway, good thing all that oil is under them}

15. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

"The Japanese were ruthless" because THEY would do anything to win.

Americans were heroes because THEY dropped the worst weapon ever released on humanity to win.

Right.

Makes sense to me.

16. Megara

Megara Banned

things dont have to make sense to you to be right.

17. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

You have to LOVE American "logic."

18. Megara

Megara Banned

and what was the realistic alternative? Invade and have million+ people killed? yeah..the great hero of humanity some of you are.

19. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

A few years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed, Admiral William D. Leahy went public with the following statement:

"It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender . . .

"My own feeling was that in being the first to use it, we had adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children."

Leahy was not what one might call a typical critic of American policy. Not only had the five-star Admiral presided over the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff (and, too, the Combined American-British Chiefs of Staff), but he had simultaneously been Chief of Staff to the Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy, serving Roosevelt in that capacity from 1942 to 1945 and Truman from 1945 to 1949. Moreover, he was a good friend of Truman's and the two men respected and liked each other; his public criticism of the Hiroshima decision was hardly personal.

We can imagine what it would mean today if General Colin Powell were to go public with a similar critique, say, of the massive bombings he presided over as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the 1991 Persian Gulf War--and on decisions made by his friend, President George Bush.

20. Megara

Megara Banned

and it took japan 8 days and 2 atomic bombs to surrender, why?

There was NO intention of unconditional surrender until after both bombs were dropped.