History shows that America beats up the powerless in retaliation

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Chodpa, May 25, 2004.

1. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

Cases in point - America bombs civilians in Hiroshima and Nagasaki for Pearl Harbor. An eye for an eye? More like a million times eyes for an eye.

Cold War - South America paid through the nose, with just about every local government overturned by CIA led troops.

Vietnam - messy, sloppy war killing thousands and thousands of noncombatants.

Desert Storm, and Return of Desert Storm - thousands of dead civilians and more left over through radiocative dust and metals.

America, the Lone Star Country. Raise yer beer hi fellas.

2. Megara

Megara Banned

really? you make it sound like we went over and bombed nagasaki/hiroshima the next day after Pearl Harbor. It was used to end the war, a war that would have cost thousands of more americans lives. They had their chance to surrender. They didnt. Blame their government, not us.

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

sure, i'll toast your bigotted comment with a coors!

4. Maverick

Maverick Banned

Oh please. Fire-bombing raids killed thousands more people. We just shocked them with what only two bombs could do and they surrendered. If we hadn't surrendered, the war would have kept going. And that not what anyone wanted.
    Actually, they almost didn't surrender(explained by a documentary on the Nazi Channel).

Read this:
    http://www.vhfcn.org/stat.htm
    and come back.

Thousands? Civies? Riiight.... Radioactive? We didn't use nuclear weapons in Desert Storm. The closest thing to nuclear material in the military is the depleted uranium armor/shells on the A1 Abram tank. And the American soldiers ride inside the tanks, surrounded by the stuff. If anyone sufferes from radioactive poisoning, it's the soldiers.

5. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

I was going to flame the noob, but you all beat me to it.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Right, and if we didn't win the war by taking those drastic actions, you'd probably be speaking German right now. Educate yourself instead of making uneducated remarks.

7. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

So you all are saying that civilian casualities are ok? So where do you draw the line between right and wrong?

8. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Not that this is justification in itself, but i would likely not be here if the bombs were not dropped.

My grandpa was on his way across the pacific to take part in the invasion of Japan, estimates were that around 70% of the soldiers wouldn't make it back.

My other grandpa bombed the hell out of Germany 25 times...I mean actually pulling the pins out of the bombs, looking through the viewer, and pushing the buttons. I am glad he did it too, not because he killed people, but I believe that the Germans needed to be stopped, and he stepped up and put his life on the line, I believe it was the "right thing," not purely good. but necessary.

9. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

Wrong.The bombs were dropped years after Pearl Harbor.They were dropped after Germany surrendered but it was clear that Japan had no intentions of stopping and our most bloody battles were in Asia.The bombs ended WW2 and caused Japan to finally surrender.Nice try though there buddy.

Again wrong.the overthrowing of certain tyrannical governments in Central America(not South) had little to do with the cold war which involved the Soviet Union,North Korea,and Cuba.You are probably referring to the Noriega over throw. Many South American countries were controlled by(some still are) by outside countries...Peru(Japanese controlled) Argentina(british controlled) actually the British and French had control over most of South America. there is civil war in many countries still because of the problems of colonial control.

LOL. please learn about the Vietnam war.The USA didnt start it.We didnt simply up and one day invade Vietnam. We bailed out the French who were there with other allied countries fighting against the Communist onslaught. This had everything to do with the Cold War....and the USA was not the only world power involved in that.

are you seriously this stupid???? Desert Storm was a UN military action to get Saddam out of Kuwait.A UN ally that Iraq invaded. The USA along with MANY OTHER militaries from around the world fought against Iraq for their invasion.

Yes the fallout from Desert Storm sucks. People are still feeling it. Soldiers who were there are being diagnosed with funky illnesses.

But this wasnt a random USA invasion.

as for the current Iraq fiasco?? this is hardly desert storm...and there are other countries there fighting in the coalition.but it is US led rather then UN led which the Desert Storm was.

and for the 40th time....the USA is not the first and only country to launch war and invade other countries!!!

we are no more or no less guilty of this behavior then any of the other "civilized" countries.

sheesh.

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Right or wrong; it's history. History isn't pretty, and I am sure a lot of what we will see over the course of our lifetimes won't be pretty either. The fact of the matter is that if it wasn't for America's win in WW II, you would likely not be here today - none of us would.

11. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

oh and for the record.

No..I dont think civilian casualties are ok.I think they downright suck eggs.

HOWEVER....wars arent fought away from civvies....so until the human race stops trying to kill each other and take over one another....there will be casualties.

we could fight our wars on the ocean like in the days of yore...but all the friggin Greenpeacers and savethewhales folks would be bitching about possible wildlife destruction.

it's a lose lose situation until mankind evolves into an emotionless species.

12. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

So say your children are all killed by shrapnel during a conflict of which you neither wanted, supported, or stood for, would you still feel that war has some purpose?

Does anyone think that any part of the world is less than human and deserves to be decimated?

What is the real value of an idealogy?

13. Maverick

Maverick Banned

Less than human? No. Uncivilized? Yes.

14. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Yeah, saved thousands of AMERICAN lives, but fucked up just as many Japanese Lives, how can we tell other nations to disarm of WMD when we have the biggest stockpile of them, and are the ONLY nation to ever use them.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

15. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Actually, Hirohito was prepared to defend Japan by the square foot. School children were literally sharpening sticks to fight the American invasion with. An assault one on Japan like the D-Day one would have yielded many more Japaneese casualties an much more property damage than what was caused by the 2 atomic bombs, as well as thousands of American lives.

16. Megara

Megara Banned

Russia has more.....or did until the mid 90's...not sure of the recent reductions by the russians

17. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

Reading this made me incredibly sad. I mean how can you say that is allright to kills so many people because it was necessary.. really it was?? why innocent people need to pay for the actions that their goverment is taking. I know they did it because they wanted to end the war, and not sacrifice the lifes of the americans, but is it the americans lives more valious than japanese. Put yourself in their shoes. When they bombed Japan the islands' supply lines had been cut, Tokyo was nearly in ruins and the Japanese air force was a shambles. So was it really neccesary??

And there's a great difference between attacking Pearl Harbor wich was a military base(I'm not saying is right), than attacking two cities.

TargetHiroshimaNagasakiTokyo Fire RaidAverage of 93
    Attacks on Cities
    Dead/Missing70,000-80,00035,000-40,00083,0001,850Wounded70,00040,000102,0001,830Population Density35,000 per sq mile65,000 per sq mile130,000 per sq mile?Total Casualties140,000-150,00075,000-80,000185,0003,680Area Destroyed4.7 sq mile1.8 sq mile15.8 sq mile1.8 sq mile

Many of the wounded in the atom bomb attacks would die in the coming days, months and even years due to radiation exposure and burns.By 1950, another 230,000 Japanese had died from injuries or radiation.

18. Megara

Megara Banned

the job of the military is to win the war with the fewest possible dead of your own. There is no excuse for a commander to risk american lives when he could end the war right then and there. God knows how many more people would have died had we invaded japan.

It sucks that innocents die, but the blame for their death goes on the japanese government and not the american.

19. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

the minute those bombs were dropped was the minute we started waiting for someone to drop them on us.

20. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

What about all the innocent Phillipino, Korean, Chineese and other South Asian people that were killed by the Japaneese? Ever heard of the rape of Nan King? Hundreds of thousands of Chinese were brutalized, the soldiers stabbed babies with bayonets and placed bets on whether pregnant women were carrying boys or girls (the bets were then decided by cutting open the womens' stomachs. How's THAT for abortion?), and we're the bad guys here? I think the evils Japaneese Empire are sometimes are sometimes overlooked because of the evils of Nazi Germany, but there were plenty of them. This country had to be stopped, even if some innocent people had to die.

I realize that has little to do with killing innocent civilians, but what does is that the Japaneese were just not willing to surrender. Ever. Women and children were being ordered to prepare to fight Americans in the streets, and we would have been forced into urban warfare. Besides if we didn't drop nukes, the USSR would have invaded, and do you think Stalin would have had any qualms killing millions of Japaneese citizens just because they pissed him off? Hell no.