Hispanic Gay Pride - Miami Beach 2013

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Shale, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Shale

Shale ~

Orgullo - Hispanic Pride Celebration
    Miami Beach - Saturday, October 5, 2013
    by Shale

On Friday I read Steve Rothaus' post on facebook that there was going to be a Hispanic Gay Pride celebration in my North Beach neighborhood on Saturday. Of course I had already attended the annual Gay Pride event on SoBe in April this year, but this one was in conjunction with Hispanic Heritage Month and it seems my neighborhood is more centrally located for Hispanic gay ppl. Orgullo (Orgu-yo) means Pride in Spanish and this is the third one held on Miami Beach but the first two were in SoBe. So, being walking distance from my apartment, it was going to be my place to hang out today.

As with any Pride celebration there were drag stars and stage performances, many with the rhythmic Latin beat that makes your feet want to move even if you don't dance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are also the guys with a sense of mocking humor in drag.

[​IMG]

And my usual posing with one of the cute underwear models that are ever present.

[​IMG]

2. Shale

Shale ~

I ran into Steve Rothaus working on his column for The Miami Herald.

[​IMG]

Oh Yes, gotta love the eye candy!

[​IMG]

3. Shale

Shale ~

But mostly, as with all these gatherings of gay ppl I enjoyed just watching the happy couples and groups of friends who felt free to be themselves amongst a supportive community.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The weather was perfect today, sunny and not too hot. The ambience at Orgullo Celebration was great - everyone seemed genuinely happy to be here. It was a good day.

BTW, this was my third Gay Pride event to attend this year; the one on SoBe in April, the one in St. Louis in June and now this one in my neighborhood. We're everywhere!