Hiring Someone To Make ONE Recipe?

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by Jimbee68, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I'm well aware of the fact anyone, for a price, can hire a cook. And yes, I have heard of HelloFresh.

Interesting thing is, I really only want one recipe made. Here, I'll even share it with you all:

GRANDMA'S LIGHTNING CAKE:

1 Cup Sugar
    1 Cup Flour
    And, 1 heaping tsp. Baking Powder

Sift these ingredients 4 times.(Sounds like a lot of work—but the end results make it worth it!)

Next, melt a piece of Butter “the size of an egg” in a 1 Cup measure. Place in 2 Eggs and fill up with Milk.(The Butter must not be too hot, or it will cause the Eggs to curdle.)

Add 1 tsp. Vanilla and stir the ingredients “hard” before you place them in [greased--?] pans.

That’s were the recipe trails off. I assume you then bake it in a Moderate (325 to 350 degrees) oven until done.

ONE recipe? Who'd do that? I am a little low on funds, so probably not immediately. But it is a serious question.

You also see, the sifting together four times is essential to the recipe. I'd have to (trust?) someone to do that.

Also have to ask: would a college cooking class be able to assist? Hmmm.

Thanks in advance for your helps.

2. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

I'll forward this to Mrs Kat, she's a pro pastry chef, cross your fingers.

Odd there's no mention of salt though given the Baking powder

Candy Gal likes this.
  3. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

4. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Seems like an interesting base recipe that could take a number of twists and doesn't seem much more than my scratch waffle recipe.
    Think I'll be blowing the dust off my jar of Mesquite flour :D

Candy Gal likes this.