Hippy Weddings Anyone?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by AbbieRose, May 31, 2004.

1. livlvlife

livlvlife Member

[​IMG]

Something like this???? This is from Gypy Rose, and I thought they had a white one (but didn't see it on line)...when i saw it I thought it would make a nice wedding dress.

I had wanted an outdoor barefoot wedding 30 years ago, but I was the only daughter and my mom and dad got married quickly (OMG...she was pregnant??!!;) ) so I had a wedding for her. So my dress was satin instead of cotton and I wore slippers instead of bare feet....

best wishes!!!!

2. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

My boyfriend and I either want to have a hippie wedding like some of you guys walking barefooted in a park OR an underwater wedding. That is, IF we get married. I'm not trying to jump the gun here ;)

Peace,
    Moonjava

3. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

I definitely want a hippy wedding when the time comes....;)

4. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

Hey, I read the Apache Blessing at my mom's wedding last year... I didn't know of anyone else who used it... That's cool!

5. Magical Mystery Girl

Magical Mystery Girl Member

When I get home, I'll post a picture of my wedding dress. I made it myself. :)

6. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I was going to have it read at my wedding, but some people just aren't mean to be

7. lunaluvcat

lunaluvcat Member

If I ever get married(which I really want too), I would like to have a medeival dress and be barefoot, maybe on a cliff or near a waterfall or even in a forest, and I'd like to have a crown of wildflowers and roses....

8. crystal_sky

crystal_sky Member

i want a hippy strike a normalwedding because im half anf half my dad isa hippy and my mum is with the new age shite so i want to please everyone so then i can ebjoy it once everyone is enjoying it luv CrYsTaL x x x

9. LaurelBayTree

LaurelBayTree Senior Member

Flowers! Lots of flowers in yer hair. That is what I did at my wedding. I had a light airy...indian dress, flowers in my hair and a yellow submarine lemon cake to match. Not only did I get married and started on a new journey of life...but when i took his name i renamed myself. Hence forth Laurel Bay-Tree. I was born Laurel Elizabeth. Hmmm...what else...wedding songs...so many to choose from....our..."Calico Skies" on the flaming pie album of paul mccartney. Check it out it explains our love in it all. We also danced to the yellow submarine as it was the song that we met to. Peace and love and congrats!

10. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

I love the Apache Blessing- it's very beautiful. I'd love to have that said at my wedding

11. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Me and my sweetheart were married in the backyard of a friend's house 20-something years ago. It was short, sweet, small, and simple- but basically traditional.

We want to do it over, but this time it will be different. The vision is...

Cumberland Falls in mid-spring... during a full moon... while the river is high... the sky clear... Cumberland Falls is one of the only places on earth with a moonbow- a "rainbow" in the moonlight that's so bright as to be spectactular beyond words- it's so bright and full-colored that it seems to almost be electric... I've only seen it once ever in its full glory.

A short handfasting ceremony with few words, many symbols, and a touch of humor besides. With drumming. And quotes from Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet, Richard Bach's "Illusions," and maybe even Robert Heinlein's "Stranger In A Strange Land."

At the end of it? Acoustic guitars playing not wedding music, but the song I always hear in my mind's ear when I imagine this: Midnight Moonlight (easy to ignore the religous lyrics, the chorus makes up for that, besides, we could do a re-write the religious lines if we want).

That's our own little dream...

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my wife and i were married outdoors in a little kind of park on the other side of the meeting room of an apartment complex where a friend of ours lived, the reception being held in that adjacent meeting room, in a baha'i cerimony we had largely arrainged and planed ourselves.

it was in among the shade of trees and there was a canopy we were under, along with the two representatives of the l.s.a. there to witness and take part in it and her father and my mother who were our only living parents.

guests set in several rows in a semi-circle facing us and the local baha'i choir of whome many of our friends were members and for whome my wife had made robes stood off to one side and sang.

two of our friends video taped the event and we still have the tapes and watch them once in a while. another friend took several photographs.

i wore a white suit with a dark silk shirt and white silk tie and she beighe silk. her and her many friends of freinds, organized and catered the reception and of course both of our friends and aquanitances were the guests. her friend who'se appartment was in the complex sang and played her guitar and brought her pet rabbit on a leash. another friend who was in a powered wheel chair kept the children of our guests amused by giving them rides.

i'm not sure how hippy some of you would call that but it was certainly uniquely our own.

=^^=
    .../\...

13. LaurelBayTree

My mother in law got my husband and I that prayer for a wedding present. We have right next to our marriage certificate. :) it is indeed very beautiful

14. purplemoonbeams

purplemoonbeams Member

Ooh what about making your own dress out of patchwork with all different white fabrics, ya dig?

15. LaurelBayTree

i agree with this...if you want some traditional stuff you can do something old, blue, new and borrowed in the dress itself! :)

16. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My mom used to do that with me... :p :)

17. LaurelBayTree

why do you say that? no...marriage does not have to be such a the man law saying your allowed to be married as much as what it stands for. you committing your life to the one partner you love. you are still young and many years will you travel. with each step you walk down that road you gain experience. and in the opposite direction someone is new...starting out walking down the same road gaining similar experience and insight. and as you get closer you will bump and meet.

18. neckienoo

neckienoo Member

I believe you can have a deep, satisfying romantic relationship without marriage. However, if I get married. I want a really original wedding. I would want my wedding to be held in a beatiful open space...with lots of flowers. I would wear a wreath of flowers in my hair and a flowing off the shoulder dress. Writing my own vowels would be nice. I enjoy writing.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.how sweet.

19. LaurelBayTree

i wrote a poem for my husband on our wedding day. he is not a big crier at sappy stuff...he cried, smiled and loved me all the more. i will try and post it.

20. EarthDay

EarthDay Member

awww that is sweet :)