Hippies In MI?

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by 19FlowerGirl87, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Valania

Valania Member

Haha i think you are. I spent a week in harrison last summer and there is nothing there.

2. mckarkies

mckarkies Member

I used to go to Harrison every summer with my family to the shared family cabin. Have you been living there for a bit or what? That town seems lame still, as I have been through there a couple times recently. But hey dude, it's all good, lakes all around that area. i wouldn't mind meeting up with like minded people if you're down. I live 15 minutes north of lansing.

3. Topher D.

Topher D. Senior Member

i just recently moved up here full time but ive been coming up here for about ten years. its a pretty lame little town, but theres plenty of peace and quiet, and the lakes in the summer are fantastic for bass and pike fishing:) next time you're up we should chill. its pretty hard to find people on the same level.. the drug scenes all meth and pills, and there really is no hip scene. so i basically sit in my cabin and toke til i forget that im in the middle of no where:p

4. mckarkies

mckarkies Member

meth is a problem around here too now. scary stuff to hear about.

5. jdarkest

jdarkest Guest

I just moved to Michigan last November. I work in a hydroponics store in Davison. And I love the hippies I've met up here, old and young. There are some way cool hippies in Michigan. And I and the whole shop crew were at hash bash this year, weather aside, a good time was had.

6. in the woods

in the woods Member

yes there is im one of them theres lots of hippies in michigan

7. in the woods

in the woods Member

hey any hippies from the northern up like my self ? yea i tried meth before and i liked it so much i will never do it again its that additive its evel and bad

8. LYseRgiC ALEX

LYseRgiC ALEX Member

You could call me a hippy. I live in the northern lower.

9. acidmelt

acidmelt Guest

I live in Lansing.... not very many like-minded people around here that I have seen

10. floes

floes Senior Member

when i was in grandrapids, i ran into a rastafarian guy, big ol beard and dreads. he was there to do harvesting. he was from hawaii. he told me to leave michigan because i would only end up in trouble and its no place for a person like me. i asked if theres any deadheads around. he said 3. maybe 1 with a tattoo who knows who the dead is, but no one really headie. michigan always seemed so consergvative. with a bunch of yippies. little kids with rich parents who want to be be hippies. like rothbury. my friend said going to a festival in michigan, then going to one in ohio. is like two totally differnt types of hippies ahaha. its crazy. just saying. never really saw a hippie in the grandrapids area..im sure there are. plenty of stoners. plenty of chill people. but no really organic green minded earthly people

11. ChelleShocked

ChelleShocked Guest

Yeah, I'm just north of Detroit... not very many like-minded people around here, although if you drive a bit there are places like Stairway to Heaven where you can meet some cool people. A lot of the area is pretty mainstream though.

12. Topher D.

Topher D. Senior Member

Michigan isnt too 'hip' of a place to be. hippies tend to be few and far between. seems like the only way to find like-minded individuals is at small music festivals.

13. LYseRgiC ALEX

LYseRgiC ALEX Member

I dont know guys like i said i live in the northern lower and all my friends are tour rats and festival junkies. I know many like minded people all around the state.

14. thirdeyelove

thirdeyelove Guest

I am in the saginaw area also we should all get together I need others of like mind

15. tokinginger

tokinginger Member

I'm near Lansing, hi!

I know a lot of folks that are like minded, but they're more up north near Flint. It's a private thing though, so I won't divulge too much info.

I do think it's important to go where the hippies go. Renaissance faires, especially the larger ones, are loaded with them. ;)

16. mckarkies

mckarkies Member

They can be found in the wood work if you go digging. I know many real, like-minded people in lansing and the lansing area. Michigan brings together everyone. We can all meet for all I care. It will be fucking awesome.

17. TrippyDays

TrippyDays Guest

I live in Bay City. I would be up for meeting any cool people and having ourselves a nice toke over a conversation. :)

18. TrippyDays

TrippyDays Guest

I am in the Bay City area, I would be willing to meet up with anyone near the Saginaw area.

19. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

Traverse City here.. P.M. either me or my Soulmate FindingMelmo (melanie) and we would be more than delighted to get together with you!

20. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

i went to hashbash a couple times years ago, i noticed it kept getting crappier every year. but hey they achieved the goal at least in part, its legal medically there. now i live in florida and there aint a chance in hell that's going to happen here anytime soon, there are too many old farts/republicans here for that