HIPPIEFEST (2021) - JOIN THE HIPPIES!!!

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by cosmicdust, Sep 25, 2020.

1. cosmicdust

cosmicdust Member

JOIN THE HIPPIES AT HIPPIEFEST!!!

(2021 SEASON)

it's groovy baby!
    tickets on sale now at HIPPIEFEST.ORG
    FREE ADMISSION FOR KIDS 10 AND UNDER!!!

***GET INVOLVED***

- Hippie Fest features hundreds of artists and vendors offering an endless array of bohemian goodies.

- Hippie Fest features family-friendly entertainment for all ages.

- Don't miss the car show at Hippie Fest! Do you or someone you know own a vintage VW or other groovy ride?

>>>HIPPIEFEST TOUR DATES<<<

May 8 & 9, 2021
    Salisbury, NC
    Rowan County Fairground
    1560 Julian Rd.
    Noon to 7pm (rain or shine)
    Tickets $10 -$15

June 5, 2021
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Kalamazoo County Fairground
    2900 Lake Street
    Tickets $12

August 7 & 8, 2021
    Hocking Hills, OH
    28508 Murphy Road
    Logan, OH 43138
    Tickets $15 - $25

August 21, 2021
    Ionia, MI
    Ionia Country Fairground
    317 South Dexter Street
    Tickets $12

September 25, 2021
    Tipton, IN
    Tipton County 4-H Fairgrounds
    1200 S Main St.
    Tickets $12

October 9, 2021
    Mears, MI
    Val-Du-Lakes Resort
    1511 N. Wilson Rd.
    Tickets $12

October 23 & 24, 2021
    Columbia, SC
    Historic Columbia Speedway
    2001 Charleston Hwy, Cayce, SC
    Noon to 7pm
    Tickets $12

THIS IS BASICALLY A "FAMILY-ORIENTATED" HIPPIE ART FAIR, WITH PERFORMERS AND SOME MUSIC. IN THE "HIPPIEFEST" PHOTOS, IT SHOWS A LOT OF OLDER "ORIGINAL???" HIPPIES ATTENDING, BUT ALL AGES ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND. IT'S A HIP AND GROOVY TIME FOR ALL!!!

LOVE AND PEACE,
    COSMICDUST

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Are you one of the event organizers? Or just letting us know... either way it sounds like fun and good for the movement of peace. We need healing things like this to be happening, and I hope by then there is herd immunity or at least some vaccine that works so we can all attend safely.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  3. cosmicdust

cosmicdust Member

ZenKarma,

I'm not one of the event organizers. I'm just providing information on this event. This is the first time I've ever heard of this event. Hopefully, these events will be able to happen without any operating restrictions, due to LOCKDOWNS.

- "HIPPIEFEST" CONCERT SERIES (2006 - 2011) - "Events and Festivals" MEMORY LANE:

When I was doing a browser search for: "HIPPIEFEST", I thought that this was the old CONCERT SERIES, called: "HIPPIE FEST" (2006 - 2011), which I attended for a few years at DTE ENERGY MUSIC THEATER (PREVIOUSLY NAMED: "PINE KNOB"), 7774 Sashabaw Road, Clarkston, Michigan, 48348. This concert series ("HIPPIE FEST") featured old 60's and 70's HIPPIE bands, like: Jefferson Airplane, Moody Blues, Quicksilver, Hollies, Badfinger, Mountain (w/ Leslie West), The Turtles, Canned Heat, Melanie, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Mitch Ryder (and the Detroit Wheels), Country Joe McDonald, Rare Earth, etc. CLOWN "WAVY GRAVY" (Hugh Romney), who attended the ORIGINAL WOODSTOCK 1969 FESTIVAL and had the job to help and "talk down" bad psychedelic acid trips, served as the MC for the first "HIPPIEFEST" CONCERT (2006)!!! I always wanted to see WAVY GRAVY in person, so I got my wish!!! I still have my old "HIPPIEFEST" "EVENTS AND FESTIVALS" POSTS stored in these HIP FORUMS memory banks. I joined these HIP FORUMS in 2005 and had many posts, but I took a break for awhile and now I'M BACK!!!

This was a very cool, hip and groovy concert series. It was a nice TRIP down MEMORY LANE!!! I was too young (with no motor vehicle) to attend WOODSTOCK 1969, so I made up for this by attending the "HIPPIEFEST" CONCERT SERIES and purchasing WOODSTOCK 1969 memorabilia from EBAY (to decorate my "HIPPIE" bedroom).

I always wanted to experience one of my favorite hippie / psychedelic bands: JEFFERSON AIRPLANE, which I did at a HIPPIEFEST. I always wanted to see GRACE SLICK in person, but she quite performing about 20 years ago!!! CATHY RICHARDSON took her place and I thought she did an excellent job of replacing GRACE SLICK!!! CATHY RICHARDSON also had to replace JANIS JOPLIN and again, she is absolutely "mind blowing" as a JANIS JOPLIN replacement!!! I wish that I experienced the original musical artists: GRACE SLICK and JANIS JOPLIN (FANTASTIC FEMALE VOCALISTS), but it didn't happen, however, CATHY RICHARDSON more than filled the bill!!! I became an INSTANT FAN of CATHY RICHARDSON!!! I'm so glad that I heard CATHY RICHARDSON in person - LIVE!!! At "HIPPIEFEST" I got to meet CATHY RICHARDSON in person and I even got an AUTOGRAPHED PHOTO of her!!! So, COOL, HIP and GROOVY!!! CURRENTLY (2020), GRACE SLICK and CATHY RICHARDSON have aged a bit and have put on a little extra weight on and have stark white hair, but both can still belt out the tunes!!!

- CATHY RICHARDSON -

The Official Site of Rock Goddess Cathy Richardson:

HOW GOOD IS CATHY RICHARDSON AS A GRACE SLICK AND JANIS JOPLIN REPLACEMENT??? YOU BE THE JUDGE!!!

- YouTube -

Jefferson Starship :: White Rabbit :: PBS (2:45)
    1,894,915 views - Mar 21, 2012

Cathy Richardson
    4.38K subscribers

From the 2012 PBS Special: 60's Pop, Rock and Soul, Jefferson Starship with Cathy Richardson on lead vocals, Paul Kanter, David Freiberg, Donny Baldwin, Slick Aguilar, Chris Smith, Marty Balin.

LINK: ( )
    (IF THIS LINK DOESN'T WORK - DO A SEARCH FOR THIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE WEBSITE.)

- You Tube -

Cathy Richardson :: Ball and Chain :: Janis Joplin Cover :: Day 39 #Project 365
    5274 views - Feb 8, 2017

Cathy Richardson
    4.38 subscribers

Project 365: Cathy Richardson posts a song a day everyday in 2017.

LINK: ( )
    (SEARCH ON YOUTUBE WEBSITE, IF THIS LINK DOESN'T WORK.)

LOVE AND PEACE,

comicdust

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Wow! Great history there!

I must go find the video of the performance I saw at West Fest in SF Golden Gate Park... they did White Rabbit, etc. What a show that was!

cosmicdust likes this.