Hippie

Discussion in 'Beat and Hippie Books' started by Nathan11, Jul 25, 2004.

1. underwhelmed

underwhelmed Member

funny, i was just in the book store today, and as i was walking out with two new books ( yaaaay!) i glanced over "hippie" and it looked like an awesome collection of history and pictures. ill gather up more book money and put that next on my list.

2. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

i was looking through that, borders had a 'remembering the 60s' sale, and that book was 19.79 for during the sale... if youre looking for a good read i dont think i would suggest it. If you want a good counter culture scrap book, this is perfect. I think it was pretty cool, personally.

3. LaurelBayTree

LaurelBayTree Senior Member

19.69 I bought the book in Durham, NC at a Barnes and Noble who too was having a special sixties sale and it was to commemorate the era. I saw a few that I have at home and some others that I can get. Anyways I bought that book and it is way groovey. Peace and Love.

4. BlueOrion

BlueOrion Member

I have the book right now from a library, it's really good. For anyone who is a hippie or wants to know more about the hippie movement, this book is awesome.

Might be worth buying too, it's only $24.95.

5. Jonas

Jonas Member

i picked up this absolutely awesome book at barnes and noble a month or two ago. it is so great, it is a year by year overview of the hippie culture years 65-71. it has so much about what was going on in san fransisco with the acid scene, it has a lot on civil rights movements, and tons of stuff about different musicians and bands. if you haven't looked at it, i strongly suggest it. i learned a lot from it that i hadn't heard before about many different topics. anyone else read it?

6. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out

7. Acorn

Acorn Member

sounds cool. how much was it?

8. Jonas

Jonas Member

it was like 26 bucks when i got it, but it may have been on sale cause its a large hardcover book. its definately worth it.

9. akunasaka24

akunasaka24 Member

I love the pictures in it!

10. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

My mom brought it home for me the other day. She was reading it lol. She left the price and it was only $12.47. Def. an awesome book, and a good book for your coffee table ;)

11. SpAcEdDeadhead

SpAcEdDeadhead Member

Ive been meaning to buy this book for quite awhile but never have money for it...very soon though...im going to get it!

12. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

i got it for 19.76 or something... "specail summer of love collecter price" or some crazy shit like that..

13. i_love_sex

i_love_sex Member

what is it called?

14. karma lennon

karma lennon Member

I absolutely loved the book "Hippie" by Barry Miles. I found it inspiring. It was really the first time I saw actual pictures of a lot of the events I have read so much about. I enjoyed it immensely and hope others find this amazing book and get inspired as well.

[​IMG]

also another amazing book similar to Hippie is "Magic of the Sixties" Also filled with beautiful pictures.
    [​IMG]

15. Pax

Pax Member

this is gonna sound weird...but when did it come out, becasue i think i've heard of it before, does that make sense lol? my firend was on work experiance at a publishers and they had boxes full of t-shirts that had been from when a book called hippie came out and she got me one. it's great, its orange tie-dyed and its got hippie on the back with the release date.

16. Court_lew_0216

Court_lew_0216 True Aquarius

It IS an amazing book...... my parents go it for me for my birthday last year and i have read it tons of times...... barnes and nobles also has a cd to go along with it...... its great

17. make art not war

make art not war Member

That's outrageous! I must have gotten a hell of a deal...I bought it at around 13 dollars. I got lucky, I had to save up for like 3 weeks until I got enough money to buy it.

18. Ghost of ruins

Ghost of ruins Member

I got it from the library... Had to wait 2 months till I finally got it. Everyone wanted to read it ;)

19. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

haha i got it from the library also
    all the bastards who had it before musta
    ripped out pictures out in it:p
    so a couple pages were missing
    i think i might just buy it

20. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

Yeah, I bought this one for under $10 dollars last summer. The hardcover was actually cheaper than the soft cover. It's a great book for anyone who is interested in the hippie culture of the 60's and 70's. I must have great luck with finding deals on books. I also found that book "Flower Child" at a used bookstore for $1.50. By the way, it was written by Farida Sharan. Also, a good book about the sixties but more of a novel about a woman's personal journey during that time.