Hippie Small Town

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Hippy small town, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Hippy small town

Hippy small town Member

Dear People,
    I am writing to ask if anyone knows a good place to go with little or no money, although I'd be willing to help and work as a compensation to whoever.
    I am thinking about Canada, because I don't like this country anymore. Too much abuse and harassment, even from the common man. And, I am getting nowhere financially. I want to live in Canada and get away from it all by being in mountains, rivers, and that type of scenery. I am sure it would help, but how?
    Does anyone know of any communes, farms, or other alternative ways of living in the country of Canada where I could go? Winter or no winter!
    Thank you for your time and any reply or information.

Sincerely,
    Hippie Small Town

2. cymru_jules

cymru_jules Member

Look on http://www.ic.org for a list of communities.

I found 60:

http://directory.ic.org/records/ind...]=either&trait[23][checkbox]=either&x=38&y=19

I think Canada is perhaps a popular location for this sort of thing, hence you've got loads listed as "forming" and sadly I think many don't get further than the dream stage! You're best looking at a more established community - though ultimatly it's what your own vision is.

Which country is that?

3. gringo_in_caribbean0

gringo_in_caribbean0 Member

does it have to be Canada? you have other options and some do not involve a noticiable winter.

here the temp only has a 10deg difference between summer and winter.

but we are in a self goverenering assoation with the united states. we are all us citizens and use the US dollar, and have full protection of the constatution, but are goverend by the spanish leagle code .

anyways we got beaches rivers and mountians and not nearly as many hassles as you get back in the states. you can drive down the roads here and still find road side vendores selling all sorts of items from crafts to home made cheese i even seen a old guy standing on the corner with a milk cow selling fresh milk LOL .

4. Hippy small town

Hippy small town Member

The United States, where I am supposed to be free.

5. ChanginTimes

ChanginTimes Member

6. Bobulon

Bobulon Member

I find myself uttery dissapointed in the selection of 'communes' in my lovely state of washington. God I think I'm on the verge of hiking into the moutains and becomming a hermit.
    that would probably kill me.

7. cymru_jules

cymru_jules Member

Form your own commune!

8. Bobulon

Bobulon Member

I believe these require money/property to start up... both of which I have relatively non of.

9. cymru_jules

cymru_jules Member

A fair point... *blush*

10. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

come to holland and start a commune with me! :D

11. Bobulon

Bobulon Member

Holland? If my belief system did not tell me Holland will be under the sea in several years I would be more than happy too. however I am under the outrageous belief that the earths crust is going to shift about and certain areas will drop and others will rise out of the oceans. Call me nuts, I may very well be. but I dont plan on staying here much longer either. montana seems like a nice place to live.

12. cymru_jules

cymru_jules Member

My brother lives in Holland... shall I pass on your valuable information? :p

13. Bobulon

Bobulon Member

my suggestion would be... get to high ground?
    my insane beliefs come from several sources...
    One of which is Lori Toye's "I am America" or "Freedom Star" maps.
    also, be sure to check www.matrixinstitute.com
    are we drifting off topic here ^_^?

14. cymru_jules

cymru_jules Member

High ground in the Netherlands? ;)

I don't think you need to be Nostradamus to predict Holland will be flooded at some point! Question is when, to what severity, and for how long or indefinetly.

We had already drifted off topic when you mentioned Washington... ;)

15. Bobulon

Bobulon Member

too late to turn back now isnt it? or is it?
    sigh... to find like-minded people.
    I'm not looking for other doomsdayers like myself... just others who know if we all work together we can survive, and have fun. Love and happiness... or at least quiet contentment?

16. lovelightlisa

ha, yeah...i believe that in december 2012 there will be a little water problem, but that's okay, i'll be in sweden by then.

17. Bobulon

Bobulon Member

hopefully in the mountains... I dunno tho, I've contemplated just going down the the waterfront when it hits. get it over with quick. i mean... how many of us Want to live threw it? oh yeah we be way off topic now ^_^

18. lovelightlisa

yeah, let's get back on topic...what was the topic again...?

19. Bobulon

Bobulon Member

Who wants to start an End Days commune? spose we'll all have to learn to get along real well huh?

20. lovelightlisa