Hippie Museum Exhibit

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Duncan, May 7, 2019.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

2. anwiya

anwiya Member

So pretty much nothing was going on there before that, just like Berkeley

3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

They should never have stolen that hippie art and should return it as soon as possible. NY doesn't even allow you to smoke pot, and they are just trying to make money off ignorant hippies.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Woodstock's pre-hippie era... isn't that kind of an oxymoron or something? It's a contradiction of the space time continuum! :)

But I think it's cool as fuck to have that kind of thing. We need to be reminded... Seriously.

I remember when I was in high school I thought the coolest thing you could be was a hippie! :sunglasses: this was in 1996-1998. Anyway, it was fun to look in encyclopedias or listen to old reel to reel and sort of experience vicariously the world as it may have been in the 1960s.

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The only reason it exists is because it makes a modest amount of money, just as they did when they held the original concert there. If hippies suddenly became the next Big Thing in museums and entertainment, the Neo-Nazis would start burning their crosses upsidedown again.

soulcompromise likes this.