Hippie-Italy?

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Psychedelic Dragonfly, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Psychedelic Dragonfly

Psychedelic Dragonfly Member

Ciao!

Moving to Italy in a while.
    Was wondering if there are any places who'd be more welcoming and openminded to hippie culture than others? Still haven't decided what part of the country I'm moving to.

Any particular cities I'm more likely to find hippie people, psyparties, alternative lifestyles, tolerant people, cannabis culture, etc.?

It's hard to find any info concerning Italy as a non-fashionista country. But of course there are hippies everywhere! Would be a shame to be stuck in an entirely new country without any likeminded people to make friends with. Without any psyparties to go crazy at.

And if you do have a city or village to recommend, please also give advice on where I'd might find these people, like clubs or pubs or parks or hangouts where they're easily found.

Got a good and established group of hippie friends where I live right now, and I think the contrasts would be crucial if I went away and didn't make any new ones.

(And I'm sorry if I come across as judgemental and hostile towards non-hippies, which is NOT the case. I love meeting all people. But when your fields of interests are a bit way off compared to "the average Joe", it does really feel good once you meet likeminded souls and you can just float together in harmony in a way many people don't feel like they can't associate with. So yes, all people are beautiful, but I think I'd feel quite lonely after a while in a city with none "like me")

Thanks! Grazie!

:D

2. AndreaGe

AndreaGe Member

try this:
    Associazione urupia
    c.p. 29 – 74020 San Marzano di S.G. - TA
    tel. 0831.890855
    e-mail urupia@libero.it
    is a collective farm in the south of italy...good place and no problem for give hospitality

3. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

4. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Perugia, I'm pretty sure thats how its spelled but may be mistaken, was a pretty cool, alternative type collage town I thought was cool. definitely worth checking out.