Hippie gatherings or communes anywhere?!?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by audrakp, Mar 8, 2008.

1. audrakp

audrakp Member

Hey all, my name is Audra. My boyfriend, Ryan, and I are both wondering if there are any hippie communes within the USA or if there are any gatherings that would be interesting. It's hard to find those with similar interests as us and we just want to meet new and interesting people where we can all get along and live together in peace and harmony and true freedom. I know it sounds ridiculous or a bit crazy, but we're tired of the way things are and how not much is being done about the environment when the environment and all of us are the future and if we want to live and survive we have to work with it (the environment) and not just take from it. (sorry I tend to ramble on a lot)

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

look in our communal living section, maybe Rainbow, and research co-housing communities.

3. audrakp

audrakp Member

awesome thank you and actually I do have long hair.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

those three options give you all kinds of situations from house sharing to intentional Communities to sharing amenities while owning your own place.