Hippie Dictionary

Discussion in 'Books' started by dylanzeppelin, Dec 30, 2004.

1. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

I just recently got this at Borders and found it to be amusing and fun.

Here is an excerpt for the term, "true hippie":

A person who lives by the Golden Rule. Someone who believes in allowing others to pray to any god, sleep with any consenting "adult", eat, drink, or ingest whatever, and dance to any music. True Hippies are revolutionaries; we will convince you with words, not weapons. We believe passionately in democracy, and free enterprise (not captialism). We will not go to war for peace, we will love the world into it, talk people into it, or shame them into it. Some people may think we are a joke; they may think we are naive, or that we are unrealistic, but we have high ideals. Some may think we have ulterior motives, some agenda to make ourselves rich and take over the world, but that is only their value system speaking; we have no other reason for our actions than to see peace, prosperity, and love for all. That will be our reawrd. We are everywhere, and some day, if the world wises up, it will listen to us. September 11, 2001, woud never have happened if people had listened 30 years ago.

All from this dictionary. Interesting book, check it out sometimes...

2. The Acid Queen

The Acid Queen Member

This book is amazing!! It has everything, every term from the '60s & '70s. Everything you would want to know. I love this book! :)

3. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Hmm...sounds cool. :) I think I'm gonna have to check it out.

4. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I actually found that book in my university's library, under the anthropology section. :D I browsed it a little bit and it seemed like a very funny dictionary indeed.