Hippest place to live???

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Katojam, May 25, 2004.

1. newagehippie

newagehippie Member

portland or, is my favorite place in this country. although california is one of the states i havent been too, i have been to most others. my second oppinion to portland is marquette mi, but it gets real cold in the winter.

2. newagehippie

newagehippie Member

forget ostego mi. if your looking for drugs. i go to school in the u.p. with a bunch of kids from there and they all say the same things but all they bring back up to school is shwagg. for those of you that dont know, shwagg is shit ass weed. for real drugs and real nuggs go to chicago, no doubt in finding any sort of drug there. just dont ask some ghetto ass black kids. rich ass white kids know where its at and they shouldnt be pullin any guns like the ghetto ones.

3. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

I just read a book about Portland, Oregan, and that looks pretty cool. It's one of the cheapest places, so that's definately a bonus. Read 'Fugitives and Refugees: a walk in portland, oregon' by chuck palahnuik.

4. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

NYC theres no place like it...

5. Mrs.Plant

Mrs.Plant Member

Woodland Park, Colorado. It's breathtakingly beautiful, people are helpful, friendly and kind, and lots and lots to enjoy and experiance. I'd definately make a little road-trip if you're intersted in mountain life. Trust, it's completely worth it.

6. mixednuts

mixednuts Member

las vegas if you have a dollar..if not, forget it

7. CelticMuse

CelticMuse Member

Fayetteville Arkansas. My son went to the University of Arkansas there, and I went to visit as often as I could.

It is hippy friendly, has a couple of communes on the outskirts of town that are pretty cool. The weathers great. The even have a birkenstock outlet.
    Everybody I met there was friendly and non judgemental. It is a very cool place. In fact My son no longer goes to school there, but I'm still going back.

8. jcouts

jcouts Member

the west is the best...get here, we'll do the rest

San Francisco, Berkeley are great ones...

I'm in Boulder, CO now...it's up there as well
    I've heard Eugene, OR holds its share of hippies

Santa Barbara, CA holds its own on coolness...plenty of great stuff within 100 miles of it as well...don't go any further south though...when you hit LA, it's over...you get to LA and everywhere south of that, it's "what can you do for me, now..."

9. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

I went to a kick ass hemp fest there a few years back. [​IMG]
    I think Seattle is pretty cool and the people mostly tolerant. Pike Street Market and downtown in general, I love it. And Oh, hey, Fremont, the U district, Ballard, Capital Hill, Wallingford - all fun neighborhoods!!!

10. white_raven

white_raven Member

Asheville, NC; widely considered one of the most liberal cities in the U.S.

11. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I don't know...I'm pretty partial to Ann Arbor. Great people, and the cops actually aren't so bad...

12. Dead Head Dawn

Dead Head Dawn Member

Well all you have to do is drive west...any west coast (mostly Ca. but also Oregon and Wash) city or town is way cool. In Ca. Venice Beach thats in LA, Ocean Beach in San Diego, further north Santa Barbara, Pismo, Santa Cruz, San Francisco (check out Haight and Ashbury, its where "hippie" was invented.) In fact the GD house can be found at 710 ashbury st. Ive been there. Its cool to stand on the steps of the house where so much music and influence was made. Anyhow the whole west coast is sublime;-)

13. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

Vermont or Oregon, whichever you are closer to. I know Vermont better, it is really a whole other culture separate from the rest of the country.