Hippest place to live???

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Katojam, May 25, 2004.

1. Katojam

Katojam Member

Been thinkin about moving recently and was wondering where you all would consider the best place to live, in terms of kindest folk, best vibes, events, climate, etc...

discuss...

2. lilfriendlysocal

lilfriendlysocal Guest

San Francisco or just east of the bay in Berkeley.
    If you don't mind the rain, Seattle. Portland OR is a little nicer weatehr wise and a little kinder than Seattle.
    Venice Beach, California, it's close to LA, just west of. The weirdest funkiest craziest place, truely the main nerve of hip culture in America. There's always Hollyweird as well.

3. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

:) :p :D Las Vegas YYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

4. Just4laughs

Just4laughs Member

Woodstock New York!!! Is where I would live if I had U.S. citizenship. For events there is the Vibes and Bethel NY home of the original Woodstock festival is about an hours drive which has the annual Woodstock Reunion on the old Yasgur farm just to name a couple. New York city is 2 hrs away. The people in Woodstock are so cool and nice. The last time I was there I remember seing a t-shirt that had ten reasons for living in Woodstock the only ones I remember were
    1 Bob Dylan lives there
    2 Brad Pitt has a house there
    3 the third one was something about being able to wear those ugly sandels you own

5. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

damn i figured youd have good advice by now.

starting in the east . . . portland ME, burlington VT, Ashevill NC, Mdison WI, austin TX, jackson hole WY, portland OR, arcata CA. Vancouver BC, homer Alaska.

6. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Definately San Francisco!! Nice people, cool art and film scene, and more off-the-wall bookstores than anywhere else.

7. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

In a lifetime not so long ago I would have said San Francisco in a heartbeat. Mind you, this is from a person who doesn't believe in imposing his belief system on others.

Not everyone is into an urban scene and while there is lots to do in San Francisco, it's still a city.

I think the hippest place is Rowe, Massachusetts if you like the country. Ask me and I'll tell you why :)

8. ScrewU2

ScrewU2 Member

Otsego Michigan is full of mother fuckers that are constantly higher than a kite on something and most of the people are very friendly. They also have the strongest northern lights for $30 a quarter and speed is also just a block away for $15 for a quarter gram and this shit is some glass. Cocaine is also not too hard to find and there is some special K floating around. The only thing I haven't been able to find is shrooms (my fav), acid, opiates, and hash. The girls and women are hot for the most part. The only major downside is it is full of cocky ass cops.

9. prairiepixie

prairiepixie Member

~*the now... the hippest place to live! hey... hows that for cheez! heehee...*~

10. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

I've been thinking about northern California. Redding etc. Anyone have any info about that area?

11. Midget

Midget Senior Member

I live in Portland...it's pretty cool. Sometimes the city is just so stressful though...haha maybe I'm not haning out in the right places. :D I love Hawthorn!

12. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

From your description, the police sound like the best part of the place.

13. halloweenriot

halloweenriot Member

Carbondale, Illinois is hippy-friendly, and an overall very cool place.

14. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Lmao... as soon as i saw the name halloweenriot i knew you'd say carbondale.

Place gets nuts on halloween, dont it?

15. halloweenriot

halloweenriot Member

Halloween in Carbondale is insane, especially all the U of I & Eastern kids who come down for the party. I had an apartment right off the Strip, behind Dairy Queen; when SIU started closing the dorms for Halloween I’d have 20 people sleeping shoulder to shoulder in my living room for the entire party.

16. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

My school was known for its halloween too, Ohio University in Athens... gets overrun, but it is the perfect creepy town for it.

17. nakedalaskan

nakedalaskan Member

Juneau, Alaska

The greatest place on earth

18. mafuman

mafuman Banned

i'd like to nominate Rincon, Puerto Rico as a pretty hip place to live; but only if beaches, beautiful women, surfing, and cheap rum are hip.

19. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I grew up in NH and am back there now. So how about the towns Lebanon, Portsmouth, Keene, Laconia,and I'm sure there are more cool towns here but I'll have to drive around to see whats here nowadays. I can remember seeing places in Eastern VT and Western MA, years ago that I also liked.

20. DiscoDawn

DiscoDawn Members

Aaand Girdwood Alaska. Lotsa woodsy people.