hipforums poetry forum...

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by inbloom, Jan 11, 2005.

1. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

WHY!?

why why why why whyyyy does all the same fucking poetry get all the recognition, while the poems with meaning and creativeness get ignored? i'm not talking about myself, per se, but i am one who gets constantly ignored around here.

i'm not trashing anyone in general, but i see all this bland generic poetry getting like, 7 fucking pages of responses, while some of the really good shit gets one or two replies and then gets pushed back. like, even when i bump my poems up like six times, they still never get any recognition.

is anyone with me on this??

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

InBloom... don't be so depressed only because your poems suck... attention whore.

3. inbloom

HAHA, good one. do you do this shit for a living?

loser.

oh, and you use the name "attention whore" waaay too much. you always call me that. come up with something new, for fuck's sake.

4. imaflake

imaflake Member

Hey you guys... Lets all be nice to each other. It is way more fun when even if we critique, we are respectful that each poem is just a soul out there expressing him or herself. We may think some poetry sucks because we have not had the same experiences as the poet and therefore cannot identify with the style of writing. I just know it does not bother me when someone critiques my poetry but it is really hurtful when someone says you suck. Just a thought

5. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

No, I just don't like your bitching :)

Sorry... cannot use anything better... you are an attention whore.

6. somethingwitty

somethingwitty Member

Don't worry about it man, from what I've learned of this forum it probably is better if you don't get alot of response. People apparently aren't allowed to critique anything without having 40 others jump down their throat.

Just keep on trucking. If you really want some honest critique I'd be happy to read what you have to say.

7. browneydgrl

browneydgrl Member

its hard to say why some poetry gets more attention. my guess is...actually i have no guess. but now i do wanna read your poetry :)

8. inbloom

thanks, man. i posted a poem in a thread you started in this forum. :)

and browneyedgirl, i have several poems up, right now. one on this page, and two more a couple or so pages back. :D

9. KittenX

KittenX Purrrific

[i'm not talking about myself, per se...] Oh how subtle.

along with this:

[while some of the really good shit gets pushed back...even when i bump my poems up like six times]

[i see all this bland generic poetry getting like, 7 fucking pages of responses]

A little jealous perhaps? And who died and made you the queen to say what's bland, generic and to whom we should or should not reply? Since when do -you- define what's "good shit" and what's not?

Sorry, but I'm gonna side with Rubin, this sounds like nothing but a tantrum!

10. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

accually, whereas i dont totally agree with the first comment in this thread, he does have a point in that i occasionally read poems in here that i feel are really wonderful pieces of writting, but go by with little or no posts....like the reflections post thats got about 4 posts and is sinking fast.....

11. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Constructive criticism is a good thing...

You have to be kind and gentle, though.

People let it all hang out, here... Poetry is very raw and sharing it leaves you vulnerable...

And Inbloom, I am looking up some of your stuff so I can comment right now. You attention whore, you.

*lol*

Just kidding.

12. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

Inbloom, if you're having a tough day so chill out, dude. Even if 1 person saw your work before it went to the next page, so what? We're the suckers for missing out. I know the big guys are trying to wind you up, but it's their way of saying 'don't give up'. Be patient, keep writing and you may just hit gold! By the way, I liked the attention whore bit, I'm going to start using it at work.

13. turnthepage

turnthepage Member

Until you write for yourself, and yourself only, your writing won't be true and worthtwhile anyway. writing for a response compromises your true voice. You want to write for criticism, send it to a publisher, not these forums.

14. inbloom

i'm not writing for anyone else. not at all. i, like everyone else, like to recieve some feedback on my work so i can see if my stuff makes any kind of an impact on people. if it doesn't, fine, whatever. but i mean, when i see that like 40 people look at my poems, but don't reply, it pisses me off. why do some people get comments, and others don't? what makes all those other poems so much better, that they deserve comments more than others?

call me self centered, or jealous, or what have you. fine, i don't care. but i tend to have a really good outlook on my poetry, and i don't think there's anything wrong with that. i'm proud of my work, and when i see people disregard it like that, it just gets to me. i'd like to think that i stray away from cliches, and the same old melancholy theme that alot of poems on here, and other places have. if that's your thing, fine, i can dig that. but, i mean, i'm trying to bring a new persepective and a new idea to this forum, and it just goes ignored.

i'm going to post my stuff regardless, but i just thought something should be said. sorry for speaking my mind.

15. inbloom

well then, hey, here's an idea. STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY POSTS!!!

idiot. :rolleyes:

16. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

~* pffffffft! *~ what toadiness~! Try a few a these reasons on for size.

1) regulars have one, 1 thread and they post alla their stuff into it, at least not flooding everyone elses shit offa the front page, which brings me to the second reason

2) Lots of people are inconsiderate enough to flood several pieces of their work at one time, knocking everyone else off the page (I will not respond to these people)

3) I go straight to peoples work that I have found pleasurable, for one reason or another. MY reasons, don't give a rats ass if you liked their work, I may whereas you, may not

4) I went back to you threads to see if i had missed something. That fact is, whether its good or bad makes no difference to me, its just not what floats my boat.

5) If I see someone that has posted and hasn't made any responses to anyone elses work, I also will not bother with them. This has happened frequently around here over the years, people bitch and whine about getting no attention but they don't bother to give any either. Some people only reap what they sow.

I have posted poems here and there over the years. Some get responses, others fall away. GET OVER IT!! Try putting yourselves out there to the hip forum community a bit more and maybe you will get more responses, not this whiney negative crap. Like the old expression goes " You catch more flies with honey"

17. inbloom

i tried your reasons on for size, but since the grammars bad, and you misspell shit and use stupid spellings of words, i had a hard time understanding them. i'll stick to my reasons, thanks.

18. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

You're still on a bad cloud, dude. People are being tough on you, but don't forget it's you who walked into the salloon with his guns out of their holsters. Having a go at your fellow forum members is not going to get you any more pals. Instead of getting aggressive, do something you like and forget about this thread. When you're ready come back and start a single thread, like the lady above suggests and deposit all your work in that one. I do it as well. Mine is 'Whispers of War' and I dump everything in there, whether it's to do about war, or not. Write a catchy title to your thread and do that. Continuing this polemic in here will only serve to alienate you further and it would be a shame to waste your creativeness in such a negative way. Get writing, poet.

19. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

Little boy, grow the fuck up! I gave you no reason for your rudeness and what I wrote is hardly inarticulate. And as for grammar, I wouldn't toss stones from the glass house you are in. I won't waste anymore time on you thats for sure but I did want to make a stronger point to any others reading this thread. As I posted previously under #5, you bitch and complain but I found only one post to anyone elses work other than the other whiney thread in here. I didn't point that finger directly at your previously but had instead made a generalization. Try posting your poems in music, you don't seem to have much problem posting to others threads in there, maybe they will give you the pat on the back you think you so richly deserve. But as for me, I see little to no contribution by you to this forum in the form of any acknowledgement of others works so stfu. Also, other than a few slang typos such as "alla" and "offa" you will find my spelling is usually quite good. Maybe it's just out of your range and you find yourself in need of a dictionary.

20. KittenX

KittenX Purrrific

Gdh, I think you've just bruised an ego!!