Hip tank w/ hemp straps *REVERSABLE*

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Rar1013, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

This top can be worn a number of ways.

it is reversable and the straps can be worn criss crossed or straight..

you can also flip the hemp strand around and wear the untied side in front and the tied side in back! they are simply held on by a button hole and bead!!

there is also a neat little peace sign button on the back..

this top is defientely versitale...i made it for festival season..i do not like to wear my really nice things to shows...so i made this and figured i could wear it a few days in a row and simply change it up a bit!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

Awww I love it!! I have that fabric too :) What a cute button. Thanks for sharing.

3. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

i love it... i want one... how exactly did you make it? im a bit slow when it comes to clothes making... just hemp with beads at the end and holes at the top? is it that simple?

4. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I think the fabric came from joann's right...i got the button a michaels...i thought they would be cute..i've had this idea in my head for sometime now..and i finally did it..i'm happy w/ it but lets say i'm not pleased...:) i want it to be longer and a bit more taylored...i forgot to put the darts in the chest before i sewed the double fabric togher...it is also about one size to big for me..but since it's reversable..i cannot fix it w/out taking out every stich :$

i used another tank for an idea....so i cut out the shape in each fabric.....and then i sewed the 2 fabrics right sides togher..and then turned it right side in..top stiched it .. folded in the bottom and stiched...and i put all togher 5 button holes in it... and simply made a hemp strap w/ a bead on each end and stuck them thru the button holes...fancy huh ! ;)

thanks for the props ladies..

5. oleandermoonfyre

oleandermoonfyre Member

Great idea, thanks! Your shirt is beautiful, and the hemp work was a creative touch.

6. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

wow girl!
    you are good!
    lovit!!

7. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Its beautiful!!!!!
    Great job!!!

8. Cre

Cre Senior Member

I dig it :)

9. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

rar, that is awsome!!! you may want to be careful with the hemp straps... they may rub ya raw by the end of the day... unless its already soft.. BEAUTIFUL CREATION!!

10. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Its beautiful. :) Most of the apron tops I make I make them with hemp straps. They didn't rub my arms raw at all either. I wore them all the time and have even slept in one on a few occasions. Great job. :)

11. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i have to say that's the damn grooviest fabric i've ever seen.
    i'm tellin u mama, start effin selling!!!

12. MiniBix

MiniBix Member

Wow Rar, your things always turn out to be soooo awesome! I love the hemp strings! It makes the top more.. natural in a way. :p

13. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

THANK U SOOOO MUCH LADIES>>i really really appreciate ur remarks!!! makes me feel good :)

I like that we all help to inspire eachother...

14. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

indeed!! :D

15. funkyhippychick

funkyhippychick Member

i love ittt! looks great

16. Shineoncrazydiamond

Shineoncrazydiamond Member

Yeah thats a great idea, very simple and easy. Perfect project for beginner sewers.
    I made a grateful dead apron top with hemp straps last year. That baby is one of my favs, i made them so they go up an tie around the back of my neck! I love that thing.

17. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Sounds awesome..