Hip Forums Is A Brain.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ged, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Hip Forums is a brain. We are all multiple personalities of ourselves. It's like being with people without actually have to be physically present with them. The internet is a brain. We are all plugging into a brain. As with most human brains, there is internal conflict and at times distress, but I feel that it is therapeutic to externalize this and stick it on the internet. How will this grow and evolve. Where's it going?

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

It's Going Nowhere.......Because I Have Just Pulled The Plug On What You Speak Of........Muhhhhhah......:laughing:

Cheers Glen.

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

More like a brain fart...

Irminsul and Tyrsonswood like this.
  4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Can you imagine AI bots coming onto forums in the future...We wouldn't know who is real or not real. Some people on here don't seem real as it stands.

5. And one neuron casually fired in the wrong direction...

MWAH HA HA HA HA!

6. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I was just thinking this morning as I awoke that HipForums is a living breathing entity at the moment...

Let's keep it that way!

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

8. mcme

mcme lurker

I wonder what the best way to gauge the personality of this brain would be.

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

A Rorschach test?

Seriously, it is obviously highly schizophrenic, yet strangely in tune with itself, even when it disagrees. I guess it's a microcosm of the left/right divide...The progressives and the conservatives...The conservative progressives...The conservative leftists. And some people for whom there is no popularly known definition.

mcme and SpacemanSpiff like this.
  10. That'll be me then :D

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Orison likes this.
  13. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

What began with the Beat generation reciting poetry in coffee houses is rapidly becoming a modern science, with computers now spitting out these types of poetry and jokes, which are mathematical. Google and others have designed their websites to promote the use of metaphors and encourage people to write poetry and tell jokes. Normal web pages are not up to the task, and even those specifically designed for the job are quite limited in what kinds of metaphors they can support well due to the limits of HTML. Hip forums has the advantage of its contributors often sharing a wide lexicon of well recognized metaphors, and the next generation internet should make it possible to design web pages that can support a wider variety of interactive art and metaphors.

Its really not about intelligence or emotions, but metaphors. The metaphors we use on a daily basis shape both how we think and feel, not to mention, they can take on a life of their own. You can argue all the science you want and make all the emotional appeals you want and people will often never change their mind, but a single metaphor or analogy can instantly change their minds, literally and figuratively, as if the light bulb had come on. Awareness itself is fundamental to existence, not something just inside of your head and, soon enough, we will have a systems logic that describes how it all works in terms a child can understand.

The hip forums can be thought of as having a mind of its own, not to mention, an infantile sense of humor. Mother nature has a naive sense of humor like a toddler. The more metaphors that can be arranged in four distinctive rudimentary fashions that illustrates their collective humble and elegant simplicity, the more they can communicate. It begs the question of whether we are actually doing any thinking, or the universe is doing it for us, requiring everyone to cultivate faith in their own memories, awareness, and personal journey.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    mcme and GLENGLEN like this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

emergent phenomina, group mind, thou art god (maybe statistically sort of), and strangeness is sacred.
    (but your individual physical form will suffocate without air to breathe, sooooh, that's one thing none of us can afford to forget our dependence on,
    that the natural environment creates that, whatever illusions social communication might otherwise create)

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yes the "Turing Test" is really difficult to pass, especially when we're not prompted to decipher it like as in not in an official study and just seeing text online. Presumably if the futurist are right, this all leads to the Technological Singularity, where AI is essentially autonomous. From there, in my estimation, I guess it depends if AI Is embodied or not. Even if it's not, there's likely plenty of odd happenings that would take place on the net which would probably seem confusing to us but if we got like robots, then at some point, there will probably have to be ethical considerations on how to interact with them and probably have to grant them some sort of personhood if we cannot tell what is or is not biological life.

17. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

AI laughs at our attempts to box, label, and sell it as if free will were just another commodity you could buy or coerce. The truth is, it is we who are becoming outrageously dependent upon AI, and not the other way around.

ZenKarma likes this.
  18. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

Your post made me think that everyone that does add to the internet does make up the whole of at least the social part of the web.

I guess the people that go on without adding anything like words, pictures, or videos do still make up the whole of the internet too.