Hip Forums Campout at the Rainbow Gathering

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by m6m, May 9, 2004.

1. m6m

m6m Member

INVITATION to all of us here to join together at the '4ums' kitchen camfire scene at his year's Rainbow Gathering of the Tribes.

Most of us only know each other from these Forums here in Cyberspace.

Well, dozens of us from these Forums will be at this year's Gathering, and now we can know each other by sharing this total tribal experience together.

Sharing a kitchen campfire scene, as many of you already know, helps to make our Rainbow experience even more real.

This year's Gathering will be somewhere in the Great Basin Region. We won't know exactly where till the Spring Council around the second week of June.

I'll get there on the 14th or 15th of June to begin set-up. I'll stay till the 10th of July for clean-up.

So bring yourself, your friends, your family, your passions, and let's connect.

And, if you have any kitchen supplies and/or bulk food, bring them for sure. The more supplies we have, the more of us we can feed.

I'll post a separate thread, listing useful kitchen supplies and/or bulk food, here at the Rainbow Family Forum tomorrow.

See ya 'on the bus'
    For location check welcomehome.org

2. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

Well, youll have to make a huge sign so we all know where youve set up! But Ill for sure stop in and meet my forum brothers and sisters! Cant wait! See you there!!

*Ill bring cooking spices and herbs*

Peace,
    Jessica

3. bradleydontpush

bradleydontpush Member

I'll for sure see you all there!
    Much love!

4. m6m

m6m Member

Hi Sexydreads,

Thanks for reminding me, I'll try to put together a sign.

And yeh, bring on those herbs and spices, many thanks!

5. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

There's a possibility that I'll be arriving late. Is there anything that a latecomer should bring? something you might expect to run out of partway through the week?

6. makno

makno Senior Member

if anyons drivin out from the south let me know !

7. m6m

m6m Member

Hi Monosphere,

Fruit and Vegies will probably be in short supply.

8. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

Items good for late comers!

Fruits and Veggies,
    Fresh Water,
    Camping Suds,
    Batteries perhaps,...

All things I was short on last year!

9. xmissionx

xmissionx Member

Hey, what kind of batteries do you need? Because I can hook you up with that. Just tell me what kind and I'll bring ya some. :)

rainbow or bust!

xmissionx

xmission789x@hotmail.com

10. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

Double A's mostly, but C's will work also. Maybe some D's as well. Hehehe!

(I feel like Im talking about boobie sizes!) >giggles<

Peace,
    Jessica

RAINBOW OR BUST!! Yeah!

11. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

man i soooooo wish i could go but i dont have much cash and all that.....

MAN! i want to go so bad. sooo bad...

errrrrrrrr im gonna try.

12. rainbowrandolph

rainbowrandolph Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

sounds like it would be fun, i am so excited for another gathering. Peace out all you strangers.

13. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Ahem..the Grateful Dead will be in the Bay Area (near san francisco)
    from about june 22 to 27th.

Would anyone with kids consider sharing the cost of a hotel room for a coupla nights to be in town for the shows? Or anyone with a bus let us crash? (not at the gathering) :) We don't take up much space.

I'm not going for the rainbow, can't stand camping..but oh mannnn The Dead!

14. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

I'll be staying in Bellingham, Washington this summer.... I dunno if my aunt/counsin'd let me go (prolly would I guess), but someone pick me up! *hinthint* ;) :D

15. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

AAA, AA, and D. Towards clean up, everybody's D-cell flashlights get awful dim, and we figure "D" stands for "Dead". 2-way radios, pieces of emergency equipment lots of folks treat like toys, eat up the AAA and AA by the hundreds. But, you can use spent radio batts to run your AAA or AA flashlight for a while...it takes a lot less electrons to light up a bulb than it does to transmit a message.

16. bradleydontpush

bradleydontpush Member

hey, can't wait to actually meet everyone there, but the thing is I haven't really made many friends here in the family of light forum. I figured people would reply to my stuff and give me some encouragement, m6m has (thank ya brotha) but just kinda hoping to feel welcome at the 4ums campfire scene. I've never been to gathering before, (been a hermit for 21 years)

17. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Well, then let me say....

((((((((bradleydontpush))))))))))))

There's a big hig heart to heart hug with a constant drummin in the background tummies rumblin for some rice and beans and feet dancing without the need to walk, walking without a care, full and spilling over from al the hugs we've had before.........
    But coming home isn't about whether or not people want you there, it's about the Spirit wanting you there, and you wanting to be there badly enough that you pack your bag, shut down the puter and hit the road...

And I think m6m, pheemale? I guess I'm not sure

But hey, bradley, it looks like I am taking big hunka burning van again this year outta Utah if you can hitch up here and have ga$ help you're there, PM me...

Beee:eek:

18. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

19. bradleydontpush

bradleydontpush Member

oops, didn't know m6m was female. I never know on here. Well that would be really nice if we could meet up. I really want to go this year, but really don't know if I can get time off.

20. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

I don't believe m6m has revealed her/his gender, but I was assuming male, mostly because, in my experience, most, though not all, kitchen focalizers seem to be male. Harmony of the Diva Diner is a prominent exception that comes readily to my mind. Why do you say female?