Hip Forums Campout at the Rainbow Gathering

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by m6m, May 9, 2004.

1. m6m

m6m Member

INVITATION to all of us here to join together at the '4ums' Kitchen Campfire Scene at this year's Rainbow Gathering of the Tribes.

What is the annual national Rainbow Gathering of the Tribes?
    10,000 to 20,000 free spirits who come and commune together in nature every year free of charge.

After Woodstock, or so the legend goes, the Hippie Counter Culture was inspired to create an annual Gathering.

A Gathering that would help each of us to experience the spontaneity of Tribal life.

Where each of us can share our own individual spirit paths with each other.

And, to help fulfill the ancient prophecy that, ' A day will dawn when all the tribes will gather together and merge into a Rainbow Family of Light.

Now, most of us only know each other from these Forums here in Cyberspace.

Well, dozens of us from these Forums will be at this year's Gathering, and now we can know each other by sharing this total Tribal experience together.

Sharing a kitchen campfire scene, as many of you already know, helps to make our Rainbow experience even more real

This year's Gathering will be somewhere in the Great Basin Region. We won't know exactly where till Sping Council around the second week of June.

I'll get there around the 14th or 15th of June to begin the set-up. I'll stay till the 10th of July to help clean-up.

So, bring yourself, your friends, your family, your passions, and let's connect.

If you have any kitchen supplies and/or bulk food bring it for sure. The more supplies we have, the more of us we can feed.

I'll post a list of usefull supplies on a separate thread in the Rainbow Family Forum tomorrow.

See ya 'on the bus'

2. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

This might SOUND like a dumb question, but. Where exactly IS the Great Basin area?I've almost never been out of Las Vegas, so, naturaly, I don't know. I have a friend who lives in L.A. Cal. And with any luck, she'll come get me, and we'll attend together. I just need to know where to go, as her van isn't running as well as possible.

3. m6m

m6m Member

Dear Mattinvegas,

You're in the Great Basin Region. No kidding, you really are.

The Great Basin Region is the entire high plateau between the Sierra/Cascades in the west and the Rockies in the east; the Columbia in the north and the Colorado in the south.

However, as far as this year's Gathering goes, from what I hear, I suspect it will be somewhere near the NorCal-Nevada boarder.

4. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

I heard rainbow was going to be round the mt shasta area in california this year. If so I will be there

5. m6m

m6m Member

Hi Applespark,

We'd all enjoy seeing ya there, and I'm thinking that it won't be too far from Mt.Shasta.

6. Manolao

Manolao Member

unfortunately I am quite far... on the other side of the Atlantic ocean... but I might be able to join the European one...

even though they have choosen a really really far place from all the rest of Europe... but I guess is a wonderful spot!!!

7. m6m

m6m Member

Hi Manolao,

Wish we could see ya over here at this Gathering. Where's the Euro-Gathering happening this year?

Missing the old Forums huh?

Call me sadistic, but I like to see the rug pulled out from under our comfy little feet. I like it when we all have to start all over again from scratch. It's like a collective re-birthing.

8. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

oh my gosh :D When we all meet, we all have to wear shirts with our Sn on them!!! :D lol I'd want a tie die one with We_All_Shine_On written in rianbow letters!

9. m6m

m6m Member

We_All_Shine_On,

Who're kidding?! We'd recognize you anywhere, even without a name tag.

10. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

lol I'd probably be in a corner(outdoors, yes i'm an idiot) watching the whole thing, daydreaming lol
    you wouldn't even know I was there:p

11. m6m

m6m Member

If it weren't for the daydreamers, I wouldn't even go. It's the quieter ones that allow me to chill and not get burned-out.

If you know any more quiet daydreamers, bring 'em with ya. We'll need all the chill energy we can get.

12. SunshineRevolution

SunshineRevolution Member

when u get a lil closer to chicago i willmake an appearence and bring the sunshine revolution with me

PEACE and LOVE

13. mamawanda

mamawanda Member

Hey Now,
    Just got back from the Ozarks Regional
    rainbow gathering (It's still on for many days) and there is ongoing conversation about a gathering of the tribes here, in the midwest, at the same time as the gathering out west this summer (July). this should help alot more folks gather! for more info and a good rainbow calendar, goto: http://welcomehere.org and check the Howdy folks!
    much love and see ya in the woods!
    ~mamawanda

14. m6m

m6m Member

Start getting for this year's Gathering.

And if you are able, bring Food!
    As much as you want to share.