Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Karen_J, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bud D

Bud D Member

Some shit is so secret it's not known by the politicians like Hillary. Cabinet members are policy pushers. Presidents are policy pushers.

We aren't likely to get Bernie so ya I support Hillary.

Regarding her emails, there are reasons that military people have their own bars. I doubt she said anything in her emails all that damning. People play the blame game due to not having any good cards in their hand.

I will vote for Hillary over trump any day of the week.

1 person likes this.
  2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Bud D

Bud D Member

Ya but there have been no cases that were like the Hillary case. It would,set a whole new precedent that would bring countless charges. I am sure Russia and China have so much to spy on they don't need it all. Nor does the NSA

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Hillary Clinton as President of the USA is like having Casey Anthony as a babysitter of your very own child....

1 person likes this.
  5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

...and it's not a witch hunt.

The FBI spends $20 million dollars, devotes over 50 full time agents and a year to investigate this stuff. The leader of the FBI, Jim Comey, a Republican, and the most respected man that could have been chosen for the job tells us there's nothing there.......and on and on it goes...

So now we'll start all over again with the worst thing that can be done as a result of this probe being a lose of security clearance for a few people......and the upcoming demand for an investigation over whether she lied about whether 3 out of over 90,000 emails were secret (they weren't if you watched the House hearings. I did).

If you look into this it becomes clear that it involves all kinds of issues that are not as clear cut as the Republicans like to portray them. They will continue to hunt for any excuse to go after Clinton, investigation after investigation after investigation on the theory that if this doesn't stick...well, we'll just keep stirring up the water till we find something or the rubes get out the pitchforks.

6. MeAgain

6 eyed

Did you watch the hearings?
    Did you hear the part where Comey was asked if a double standard was applied?
    Did you hear his answer when he was asked if he would prosecute John Doe for the same thing?

7. P_Bateman

P_Bateman Members

Bicameral goverment wins again...make a choice

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

What was his answer?

I was a character reference once for a friend who was in the process of getting a security clearance.

I have a hard time believing he wouldnt be stripped of his clearance and demoted or fired if he was dumb enough to set up a private server from his room and conduct official business with his yahoo account.

And besides the double standard, the stupidity of it is another issue- Comey mentioned intent several times. If her intent wasnt criminal or insidiuous in any way, then pardon mon francais but what the fuck? Why then?

9. MeAgain

He said they went out of their way to ensure that there was no double standard either to not prosecute Clinton or to prosecute her because of celebrity.
    He said he would not have prosecuted an ordinary citizen as he had no reason to believe a crime was committed.

He found no intent and said that they found that Clinton didn't understand the technical aspects of the email servers. She was careless because she didn't understand the technical aspects, but she had no intent to do anything wrong and that the entire system needs to be revamped as the problem was (is) endemic.

In addition the amount of people that were involved and could be accused of the same thing would go into the thousands as there were thousands of emails and replys, forwardings, and such as that is the nature of the government.

If this had happened in the FBI the person would face anything from a reprimand to a dismissal depending on the circumstances, but that is irrelevant as nothing criminal had occurred and once that person left the FBI they couldn't and wouldn't do anything anyway as there was nothing illegal done. In the case of Hillary, she has left the State Department, so there's nothing they can do anyway as there was no illegal action by her. Also keep in mind that Hillary was one of the people who decides what is classified and not classified.

I would strongly suggest that everyone get hold of the transcripts and read them yourself as what is being reported on the media is very incomplete. Of course it lasted about 4 hours.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm fine with the decision not to indict. If the investigation concluded nothing criminal, then that has to be accepted

But there is a double standard here. Anyone else would be demoted or fired and would not be able to obtain a security clearance in the future.

Whereas Hillary Clinton has already essentially been ordained (feels like it anyways) as our next president.

1 person likes this.
  11. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

Laws were broken, there's no question of this. Classified info was transferred to a private server, and Hillary committed perjury.

1 person likes this.
  12. Bud D

Bud D Member

I tend to believe if the shit was so damn classified someone would have told her along the way. Negligence all around for everyone!

1 person likes this.
  13. MeAgain

That's not what the FBI found....but you know better.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

How do you justify it to yourself, despite what the FBI says? Why do you think she needed a private server?

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's a great question.

16. MeAgain

According to Comey this was a server that her husband Bill had used in the past (I think...Wikipedia says was installed in 2008 for her first Presidential run) and she assumed she could just port over to it. At the time she was using a government issued Blackberry that was unable to access two separate email addresses. So she didn't want to carry two devices, one for private emails and one for government. There was nothing illegal about using a private server at the time, a number of government officials have done the same in the past. Otherwise, she would have needed the government server for her government Blackberry and another private server for another private Blackberry or other device. This is what she meant when she said she did it for convenience. Comey seems to think she wasn't tech savy enough to realize this may have been a bad idea. It wasn't in that the server was never hacked, but it does give ammunition to her detractors.

The "classified" emails, if I remember correctly were 110 that contained some type of classified information....but they weren't marked classified and were part of email chains of unknown length to us. Comey stated that people should have known they contained classified information but how deep was the information buried and one department may have considered it classified and another not as different departments have different standards for what gets classified. For example Comey, as head of the FBI, was unfamiliar with at least one of the terms the State Department used for classified and unclassified papers.
    When it comes down to it there were only two emails out of 30,000 that were marked classified and they didn't have a classified header or any other means of identifying them other than a ( c ) placed at the end of a paragraph about a third of the way into the email which was several paragraphs long. Comey stated that it would be very easy to miss the mark and he completely understood how that could happen. In addition one of the women Democrats at the hearing read a statement into the record that claimed that new information (the day before the hearing) had come to light, I forget from which government entity, that the emails weren't classified at all. Comey stated that he wasn't aware of that.

There was a third email that contained classified information that Clinton had ordered to be redacted by removing the classified material and then sent on. For some reason this wasn't done. Comey stated that multiple reliable witnesses had attested to Clinton's order to redact the email.

He seemed most concerned about the security of the system but he stated there was no evidence that it was ever hacked or any information public, or private was ever compromised. Another Democrat then read into the record a long list of governmental and private systems that have been hacked including The White House, The Pentagon, The Office of Personal Management, The State Department, etc., etc., etc. The government has reveled that over 21.5 million personal records have been compromised. They're not talking about how many government secrets, policies, etc. have been accessed. Again there is no evidence that Clinton's system was ever breached.

1 person likes this.
  17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thanks for the thorough reply, i will mull it over.

18. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hallelujah.

My faith is restored.

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbkS26PX4rc

2 people like this.
  20. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

No, MeAgain. She literally broke the law.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.