Highlander Remake

Discussion in 'Cult Movies' started by guyver2, Jan 8, 2009.

1. guyver2

guyver2 Member

I recently heard they're doing a remake of Highlander (which at first i thought why it's not even that old) but then i thought why not with sfx the way they are it might be good.
    anyway it all comes down to casting and who should be the three main parts and as a fan boy i like coming up with my own dream cast so...

REMEREZ: originaly Sean Connery, was the teacher and sage of the movie

i say Leam Nealson could pull off the wise sage like imortal

THE KURGAN: originaly Clancy Brown, was the phycotic wacked out antagonest

I say Vinney Jones could play this part to a T

finally the hero of the story

CONNER MACLOED: originaly Christopher Lambert

i say scottish actor Gerard Butler he has a simular look and is actually scottish unlike french natiolist lambert

what do you think

( sorry about the spelling)

2. P!erre!

P!erre! Members

Hello,
    Sorry for the small delay in response...I am very far away...we have only discovered electricity last week so...my computer was not doing well on candle light... :)
    I have a very few select movie that I love and rewatch from time to time. Highlander is one of them. I heard about the remake some time ago - which has not happened as of yet.
    I went back to view the original and...ugh...our tastes have changed with things Hollywood pushes down our throat.
    And now...the original seems "slow"...because we have become ascustomed to having a shock element every 5 minutes. So, I am left wondering how it would now translate into a movie set on selling figures and so on...
    I also wonder who would take on the role and give a realistic taste to it. Lambert's flaws (eye problems, accent, etc...) gave him the extra push he needed to convince me of his origins. Also, the Queen score nailed it...and I am very afraid of what they would come up with. I will feel cheated once more if Hollywood produces a quickie flick to up the cash of it's shareholders.
    So, yes to a reboot but, pls - make it right!
    P!erre!

ZenKarma and Pete's Draggin' like this.