High tolerance. Anybody else?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by cybergenesis, Feb 12, 2009.

1. cybergenesis

cybergenesis Member

Hey I've been using opiates for a while, but I've never been addicted. I don't take them too frequently.

I usually take oxycodone. But the other day I did 100mg and I only felt the mildest mellow feeling.

Anyone else have similar experiences? How much would people suggest i do? Just looking to see how people think about things, and if i have the worlds highest tolerance for a non-addicted person. :)

2. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

well, that is quite high. normally most people would that aren't addicted would stop, for a few months because it takes a long time to go down...

Or you could just move on to stronger opiates... Which I do not recommend at all.

3. GetHigh09

GetHigh09 Member

How much do you normally do and feel real good ?

4. mephist00

mephist00 Member

yep i had the same problem, had to do anywhere from 80-120mg's of oxycontin to feel pretty good, no dazing though..

i ended up quiting for a week, for my own benefit.. it lowered my tolerance ALOT.. I was addicted to oxycodone though.. and it was horrible physical addiction, i had to quit because my body depended on it..
    I did 10-20mg's a day until i didnt have any cravings to do it.. took about 5 days to get rid of the addiction..

now i do 20-30mg's and im dazing, but i only do it once every few days.
    trust me, i wasnt addicted for about 6 months.. But Opiates give you a physical addiction, along with mental..

SO... Just keep in mind friend, No matter how much you tell yourself "i dont need it", or "my mind is powerful enough to control the cravings", If you use it for a long enough time period, you will eventually become physically addicted, meaning your body will become dependant on it, no matter what your mind says, your body will need it.

So, It wont hurt to take a break from oxy for a week or two, specially if your not physically addicted yet.. i suggest you take alittle break, it will lower your tolerance, and reduce the chance of addiction creeping up on you.

for the record, im not tryin to be a dick or anything, so please dont think so..
    its just, i said the same thing.. "I wont get addicted to Oxy".. after 7 months i realized i had started an addiction, and OPIATE ADDICITON is the WORST Addiction in the World, i wouldnt wish it upon anyone.

Of course it is up to you to make the desicion, This is just good advice i offer

5. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

i recently built up a tolerance to opana after doing it daily for a few weeks. it was fun at first but it got to the point where i was doing it just so i wouldnt get sick. im done doing opiates on a regular basis. tolerance sucks. withdrawls suck more. from now on opiates are gonna be an occasional treat.

6. mephist00

mephist00 Member

ya man good idea, unless you actually get prescribed strong opiates for pain.. its a good idea to keep it as an occasional treat, instead of a daily or hourly necessity hehe :D because opiate addiction sucks!!

7. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

opana raises your tolerance one of the most, its the worst.