High off Hemp?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by ElChivato, Jan 26, 2005.

1. TheMagicalMushy

TheMagicalMushy Senior Member

I could be very wrong about this but explain to me why only the male plants are used for hemp? That is quite a stupid assumption and I dont see how it would be economicly feasible to create hemp in that way. That means planting thousands of plants then going individually through each to kill off the females. As long as the plants are not exposed to a lighting change they should not flower and therfore basicly be exactly the same as a male plant besides obviously they are different sex's, no?

Also, I highly doubt that the pollen of a male plant will caus ea lung infection. If it did I think it would be much more widely known. Im sure many many growers have infact attempted to smoke a male plant, and I have not heard of one lung infection. Im sure if this was true that there would be anti marijuana compaigns involving such a thing claiming they are going to slip you a male plant your lungs will get infected. That seems much more likely than you are going to get slipped pcp or somthing of the such and people would be much more prone to believe it.

I believe the actual definition for hemp is a marijuana strain with under 3% thc. I know a popular strain of hemp is rudeli's which lowryder was actually based off of. Or maybe it isnt popular but just rather a strain of hemp.

Im not claiming any of this is correct, it is just what I have read through out many marijuana forums. Many of the things here that have been said I have never seen cited on any marijuana growing websites.

I would be interested in some sources though. :)

2. thrawn

thrawn Member

Its quite simple. The male form of the plant is A. Legal to grow. And B. instead of exterting its nutrient reserves in order to create buds, like the female, it grows tall large, lanky, and strong. Solely so that it will be large than the female, thus its pollen would have a better chance of falling on the female.

Males, grow larger, produce more fan, and are legal. Thats it.

Lowryder is a ruderalis strain. One of the THREE marijuana genus. Sativa, Indica, and...Ruderalis. Not many people know that because its uncommon and was actually discovered alongside a Serbian highway.

Ill post a scan of Jorge Cervantes book, which is a pretty basic overview of the plant. Its info like (above) that which makes people so uninformed sometimes. Like when people go "thrawn your so wrong".

But I suggest everyone buy a Jorge book. It clears everything up quick.

theo

3. gonjbob

gonjbob Member

who told you that bullshit. males are not legal! if you read it in J.C book he's a moron. and they do use females for hemp when you plant a seed you can't tell if it a male or a female its about a 50/50 chance. if they're havesting for just fiber they dont even bud them . they only bud them when they harvist for seed .they breed them to be stocky. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS UNINFORMED OR MISINFORMED!

4. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

you can feminize seeds, can you male-ize seeds?

anyway, no don't smoke that shit. But tell your friend to. That stuff smells like shit when it burns (I burn the tips to make them hard- easier for jewelry making) and I bet it would make her feel like shit. But serves her right for being so damn dumb.

5. thrawn

thrawn Member

Where did I say that males were illegal? I said "A. Males are legal"

Second off, if they used females for hemp, they would have to grow them indoors on 18/24 or 24/24 for theyre whole lives. If they put them outdoors, theyde be thrown into flower after a month and would eventually produce flowers! MARIJUANA PLANTS GROWN OUTSIDE WILL ALWAYS FLOWER. Hemp is not grown indoors, therefore your argument didnt make sense.

THeo

6. shroom_tree

shroom_tree Member

i may be wrong but i was very sure that the best plant to use for hemp is infact the female.i read it on a hemp website and they say its the femae is most useful. but im prolly wrong

7. gonjbob

gonjbob Member

can you read !!!I said they are illegal . not legal if they plant them in spring they bud in fall . they don't bud just bud in a month .mals and female flower at about the same time male usealy are first. THEY DON"T START THEM IN DOORS SO THAT SHIT ABOUT 18/6 OR 24/0 (not18/24 or 24/24 dumbass that would be 18 on 24 off and 24 on 24 off)DOSE NOT APLIE. you don't know a thing about growing.

8. Iron Butterfly

Iron Butterfly Member

its funny to watch some of these dumbasses get so worked up over nothin

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

im pretyty sure when marijuana is grown in fields.. it doesnt grow much bud, and the bud it does grow just grows while the plant if flowering, not all year around. males are preferred but females are in the crop too. a) generally theyd just harvest after the females finnish flowering, and also, when making hemp, he stalks are used, whe plant isnt like just blended up and magically tunred into string and paper. the fibrous stalks are stripped of leaves and flowers or wahtnot and that is then used for industrial purposes

and trippin, id be a little skeptical about that info about THC, unless he can back it up somehow.

caus its not just a rumour that males dont produce thc. if they did, then youd see two types of bud on the scene, as well as there not being the huge issue of males in growing information and such.

10. gonjbob

gonjbob Member

you can get stoned off males there is thc in the leves and flowers . they just don't have much or very stoney flowers. but you can get high if you smoke enuff. I know from smoking them

11. thrawn

thrawn Member

The fact that an explanation that is so incredibly simple, seems to fly right over your head says quite a bit. You have not once grasped the basis of what Ive posted, as you always seem to contort and twist my posts.

I dont feel like I need to explain or defend myself in anyway, to some obnoxious person on the internet. But, the fact that I've been a member on Jorges grow forums for 3 years now, and have been on hipforums for about a year after they merged, says something. Christe, ask Tiedye, Pist, or Medicinal, Ive been on forums with them for more than two years.

In your first post you said...

"who told you that bullshit. males are not legal!"

Then you go on to say...

"can you read !!!I said they are illegal"

Its pretty difficult to get a point across with you, as you seem to completely misunderstand the entire post. Next time, make sure to read it over a couple times, for both our sake.

Looking forward to see what you come up with next,

Theo

12. gonjbob

gonjbob Member

you stated that males are legal to grow.thats not true. you stated that a female out side would bud in a month that is not true if they are planted in seson they grow all summer and bud in late summer/ fall. as for the rest of it I don't care stay stupid .you are the one who need to read over things better not just my but yours.

13. gonjbob

gonjbob Member

oh one more thing. post what you said in your first post and the second one on the grow forum maybe someone who is better at comunicating in typ than me can exsplane the misconseptions you have. I'll even go there to see what they say.

14. thrawn

thrawn Member

Flowering would begin, on average, one month into the growing cycle. Males ARE legal to grow. Females are not. Thats what the laws say my friend.

This is petty, and Ive always frowned upon online bickering. So lets drop it, or talk friendlier. Just tell me your side, Ill tell you what Ive known to be true for 4 years.
    Theo

15. gonjbob

gonjbob Member

show me the law then . have you ever grown out doors I have . I not attacking you just trying to imform you

like I said put it in the grow forum and see what others say

16. HippyCor$ter

HippyCor$ter Ackamonkey

Your friends a retard.

17. thrawn

thrawn Member

Once again, your supposed "informing" is nothing more than you making some blatantly irrelevant comment like "ive grown outdoors." If your asking, Ive grown indoors for three years, and the concepts of outdoor growing arent that diffrent. Ive been to countless outdoor growing plantations in Holland and Jamaica.

I think its pretty common knowledge that growing marijuana is ILLEGAL. But for the last time, males are legal. How else would someone eat hempseed cereal or bagels? Your argument is so groundless.

Theo

18. gonjbob

gonjbob Member

show me the law .hemp seed comes form females.see when a moma and a dady get togather dady impregnates mama.seeds arn't illeagal becaue of the small amout of thc they have and they have to be steril and they are imported. outside is a lot different than inside as far as the light. I have done bolth. again post this crap in the grow forum and see what people say. it becomes more and more clear you don't know what your talking about

19. thrawn

thrawn Member

Jesus Christ you are such an idiot. Do you actually want me to find you the law that says "marijuana growing is illegal." Its a felony for christ sake. According to Norml, any industrial hemp is a clone. Do I really need to tell you that growing female forms of the cannabis plant is illegal?

As far as seeds go, "the aquisition of female cannabis seeds in the United States is illegal." I think anyone whose picked up a high times or cannabis culture in there life has read that!!!

Listen, if your the one doubting me go post it here, og, and weedcity. ITS A KNOWN FACT THAT GROWING FEMALE CANNABIS PLANTS IS ILLEGAL.

Jesus, trying to talk to you is impossible. MOst of your posts are personal attacks! I mean, your the one that contradicts himself, tells me to post in on the grow forums-when if you doubt me go ahead, and looks like he knows nothing of laws or cannabis growing.

Cannabis laws in Oregon are far more lax (its basically almost decriminalized) than in Washington DC where the posesion of a gram is a felony. SO before you go on theses rants about me. Check your state laws for christ sake.

Theo

20. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

both of you suck for not being able to back up what you say and not being able to debate with insulting each other.