Hi from the Fraser Valley, BC! Looking for land...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Offgrid1, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Offgrid1

Offgrid1 Members

Hi all you Hippies and others,

I am brand new to the site.

40 year old single hippie (running the rat-race) working on a getaway plan. Currently live in the Fraser Valley.

I am very interested in the off-grid, self sustaining, alternative living, permaculture and intentional community life. Open minded and tolerant of all lifestyles.

I will be creating a homestead, or joining one. Especially interested in the Gulf Islands/Sunshine Coast but open to options. I have been blessed with a government job that only requires 2 days a week in the office so I am tied to Vancouver but this comes with many benefits.

Since Vancouver real estate is crazy expensive I am leaning towards boat access...

Say hi if you like...I am open to the idea of partnering up to go big. 2-5 year timeline. Lots of options.

For example, Lasqueti Island has some chunks that would be perfect for a full-time homestead. Livestock, gardens and no zoning. 54 miles from Vancouver. 20 acres going for 250,000. 30 for about 330,000. Can build multiple houses on the land but we'll be starting with yurts since we spent everything on the land.

scratcho likes this.
  2. N00bresearcher

N00bresearcher Members

Hey whats up!? I just joined like 10 minutes ago! That sounds like an amazing thing you got going on up there!

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I am a second hand member.
    Too old to run a lot these days. :yum::yum::yum:

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I and several other hippies drove across Canada in 1970, but I'll never forget driving up the Frasier (sp?) Valley. It was in the summer and hot , but beautiful. Not many humans around and came across some abandoned properties with orchards and houses with possessions still in place! We left them as they were.